Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kern River Route Trail Closures

Dear Fellow Off-Road Enthusiasts,

Were you all aware that the Forest Service is being pressured to close the following Kern River routes to multiple use?

1) 31E80 – Golf Mdw 4x4 trail off of Cow Flat Rd?

2) 32E47 – unnamed black diamond route off of Fwy Ridge featured in this thread?

Please rally to save these routes and others.

http://stewardsofthesequoia.org/Sequ..._Closures.html

Sincerely,
    Rockhopper
    Last edited by sarah; 07-13-07, 06:41 PM.

Where is this, and what do you want us to do to help?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hi Sarah,

Trail 32E47 is a spurr off of Hwy 178 between Bakersfield and Lake Isabella in Kern County. Precise directions are given in Russ Chung's most excellent trip report.

What can you do? Go to the Stewards web site using link provided and find the list of trails and roads slated for closure to multiple use. See if your favorite trail or road is listed. I was hoping 32E47 is a favorite of somebody that reads this forum since it was featured in Russ's report. Next, write a personal letter to the forest service telling them why you think a particular trail or road should remain open. It's more valuable if you have used the trail and are familiar with it's attributes, soil composition, scenic beauty, level of difficulty, looping possibilities, fun factor ...etc. Even if you have never been there or even heard of this trail before, send a letter. Think of it as practice for when the environmentalists come to take your favorite trail or road. Make no mistake, the greenies want all the land closed to multiple use.

Names, addresses, maps, instructions, helpfull hints are on the Stewards website, click on the link provided. Move it or lose it.

Rockhopper
      Last edited by sarah; 07-14-07, 11:39 AM. Reason: added link to directions

Comment

Thanks for the info Rockhopper. I joined, sent letters, and made a small donation. There are so many issues that need to be addressed, there's a ton of reading to be done here.
        Thanks again,
        Kurt
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks Kurt, for taking a little of your valuable time to make a difference! Isn't it worth it?

I appologize if my previous post sounded a bit like a paranoid rant, emotions run high with land use issues and we(OHV Community) are getting our butts kicked by the environmentalists. Thanks for your support.

Note: A personal authored letter is much more effective than the standard pre-populated form letters available on many sites. It shows that you actually know of and use the debated area. The people that want it closed have never even been there and never plan to visit in the future.

Rockhopper

Comment

Rockhopper

Thanks for posting this. I did not catch this one on my radar.

If you or anyone else finds info like this, please drop me a line at landuse@ufwda.org

Todd
            United Four Wheel Drive Associations
            Interim Director of Environmental Affairs
            Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
            Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Working...
            X