Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBNF fire restrictions

Several of you have emailed me regarding fire conditions, campfires and such.

Currently (spring 2007) we’re in a Phase I condition, which means:

·Wood and Charcoal fires are ONLY permitted in designated fire rings at developed sites. (developed sites are campgrounds, picnic areas and yellow post sites).

·California Campfire permits are required for all fires at yellow post sites. (wood, charcoal and propane/gas stoves) A California Campfire Permit is available at any Ranger Station. (or you can hunt me down)

If (when) we go to Phase II (usually mid summer), wood and charcoal fires will be permitted only in designated fire rings at developed sites.

If we go to Phase III, no fires are permitted any time in the National Forest.

If we go to Phase IV, the National Forest is CLOSED to the public.

I’ll try to let the group know as soon as I hear anything about the conditions changing, it used to be on the website. When in doubt – call the local Ranger Station. (Big Bear is 909/866-3437)
    Last edited by sarah; 05-10-07, 01:14 PM.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Thanks for the update Jeff.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

thanks for the info... Lets hope we dont go to Phase III or IV
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

No problem, might make it a sticky?
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
          No problem, might make it a sticky?
          i'm just slightly ahead of ya today

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
            thanks for the info... Lets hope we dont go to Phase III or IV
            You and me both!
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Much appreciated. Any word on the one day fire training that will be required if we do go to phase IV? If my memory serves me, it's supposed to be in June, right?

Kurt
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Nothing yet. Bear in mind that there are a LOT of people needing the CFP certification
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                  Nothing yet. Bear in mind that there are a LOT of people needing the CFP certification
                  Also bear in mind that we're your favorites

Comment

UPDATE

Increased Fire Restrictions in Our National Forest, Effective October 5, no open campfires or charcoal fires will
                    be allowed anywhere on the San Bernardino National Forest. Forest
                    officials are raising the fire restriction level due to forecasted
                    Santa Ana winds and recent wildfire activity. At this time, the
                    forest remains open with the exception of a temporary area closure
                    surrounding the Butler #2 Fire zone. Forest officials continually
                    assess conditions during fire season and raise restrictions when
                    conditions warrant further vigilance and increased wildfire
                    prevention activities. Current fire restrictions, including those
                    implemented earlier this summer, are: no open campfires or charcoal
                    fires anywhere on the forest; target shooting is permitted only at
                    developed shooting ranges, including the Big Bear Sportsman's Club;
                    smoking is limited to enclosed vehicles, developed recreation sites,
                    and areas cleared of vegetation three feet in diameter; an approved
                    spark arrestor is required for any internal combustion engine
                    operated off state or county highways or designated forest roads--
                    these include chainsaws, generators, motorcycles, and off-highway
                    vehicles; welding or operating a torch with an open flame is not
                    allowed; and fireworks are never allowed. For more information on
                    these restrictions within the National Forest, please call 382-2600.
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

UPDATED UPDATE

CURRENT FIRE USE RESTRICTIONS AND GUIDELINES

Wood and Charcoal fires are permitted only in developed recreation sites (campgrounds, picnic grounds, and yellow post campsites) within agency approved fire rings.

Campfire permits are required for propane and gas stoves & lanterns used outside of developed recreation sites. (permits are available at your local Ranger Station)
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY

Comment

Working...
                      X