Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-6 - It's official

Forest Roads 3N34 / 3N34C and OHV Trail 3W12 are open to the public.
    As you are aware, This area suffered considerable damage during the
    Old Fire in October 2003, killing a significant amount of trees. Over
    the past several months, logging crews have been removing trees that
    posed a hazard to the road network.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

YAY!! Thanks for the update. See ya up there sometime
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Ye ha
      time to jump from the frying pan into the dishpan
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

I that a pretty good trail? Whats the difficulty level?
        87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
        ~ Dave Howell

Comment

It's a very good trail, and it's rated "most difficult". I wouldn't consider it without at least one locker.
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY

Comment

We postponed our run until Monday. Anyone go through Dishpan yet?
            "run forest, run!"

Comment

we ran it yesterday and was great.............really rough and rutted. you really need a locker and some flex

Comment

We're headed up there now, if anyone has my cell and wants to meet up, give me a jingle We're hoping to find some peeps out there to wheel with!
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Grim's post brings back my Yearly Reminder, not that I think it applies to anyone in _this_ group of course.

You face _exactly_ the same penalties for Open Container or DUI on the trail as on the drive home, there is a widespread misconception that once you hit dirt, anything goes.

Isn't so folks - end of lecture. FWIW, I enjoy the occasional beer too (but only on days that end in a "Y"), but this (of all trails) isn't the place.
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                    Grim's post brings back my Yearly Reminder, not that I think it applies to anyone in _this_ group of course.

You face _exactly_ the same penalties for Open Container or DUI on the trail as on the drive home, there is a widespread misconception that once you hit dirt, anything goes.

Isn't so folks - end of lecture. FWIW, I enjoy the occasional beer too (but only on days that end in a "Y"), but this (of all trails) isn't the place.
                    We've all seen the results of alcohol on the trail and city streets. I just wish the feds budget had enough enforcement to police the trails and take action like they do in the city. Unfortunately, I don't remember seeing a cite issued or an arrest for DUI on the trail. I do believe most wheelers are responsible. Yup, I do love a cold beer in the woods. Just around a campfire though.
                    Last edited by FJ Crawlin'; 05-30-06, 06:18 PM.
                    "run forest, run!"

Comment

About 20 years ago I saw a Jeeper die as a result of drinking on the trail. Seeing first hand the result of about 20 rolls down a mountain side left a big impression as I was about 15 at the time. Waiting with the body many hours for the corroner wasn't much fun either.
                      '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Working...
                      X