completed at noon today, April 4, 2006. State Route 330 is now open
    with no restrictions.

Approximately $500,000 was spent to make repairs to an upper slope on
    the route located about one mile uphill from SR-30. Over the years,
    rainfall has caused the "sloughing" of rock and debris onto the
    highway. The decision to install a 100-foot high by 192-foot wide
    rock fall drape was made by Caltrans geologists. The drape acts as a
    catch basin for the debris and is similar to ones located on SR-138
    (near Crestline) and SR-18 (The Narrows).
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

thats great news, need to head down the hill tomorrow and wanted to go that route

Comment

Thats way cool. I live up in Running Springs and used to take that trail to go down the hill but lately its been locked up. anyword if that one is open too?
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

What trail?
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY

Comment

When your coming down 330 theres a trail on your left side in a big turn out, when there was a fire, all the fire trucks parked there and the fire was back down on that trail... oh theres a shooting range back down there too, its alittle bit after the big cell phone tower that looks like a pine tree when your coming up.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

NVR mind i just saw your N109 post, isnt there like N113 that goes doen the hill and ends up in East Highland? thats the trail i was wondering about. It ends up by a water tower...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Sounds like you're talking about the 1N09 area all right. I'll check to see what we have closed in that area.
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

cool thanks...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

From what I've found so far - 1N13 is still closed from Greenspot Road to
                  1N09 - this was originally done under Forest Order 04-1 after the Old Fire, and has been extended thrugh FO 05-1. I'll check and see if there's a tentative opening date. Since you're up there - check and see if the road is signed "1N13" if you can. I've been teaching classes mostly on the Arrowhead side - haven't been up 330 in a long while.

I really need to put copies of my maps in my briefcase - but rarely need them at my "real" job at LAX
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY

Comment

Yeah ill check i go to UCR so i will be back home on friday ill see if i cant go to the trails on saturday or something. You teach? at RIM? I used to go there...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Nope - I teach several of the classes for SBNFAOHV. I also teach several classes at LAX - but that's another story
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY

Comment

oh... sounds pretty cool. Well ill go up and look at the trail this weekend thanks a lot

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Thank you sir!
                          Jeff
                          OHV76V
                          KG6TY

Comment

Working...
                          X