Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Jeep Safari Restrictions

BLM implementing "one-way" and restricted use provisions on EJS trails for Safari Week

Breaking News: BRC just received word that the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance (SUWA) has appealed the Moab Easter Jeep Safari permit. SUWA has not requested an immediate stay, so it will not affect this year's Safari. We will keep you updated as we know more.

As a result of increasingly crowded travel conditions during the Easter period, the Red Rock 4-Wheelers Jeep Club has petitioned for a provision allowing exclusive use and "one-way only" on selected Jeep Safari routes for the week of April 8 - 16, 2006. In recognition of the historical importance of the Jeep Safari and the club's long term route maintenance efforts, and in cooperation with Grand County, the BLM has granted this request.

Three routes will be one-way for the entire week of Jeep Safari. They are:
    Steelbender: this route will be one way going north to south (i.e., from the golf course entrance to Flat Pass)
    Kane Creek: this route will be one way going north to south (i.e. from the Hurrah Pass turnoff to the end of the road at U.S. Highway 191)
    Hell's Revenge: this route will be one way going east to west (i.e. from past the Sand Flats booth to the exit west of Lion's Back)

Seven routes will be restricted to Jeep Safari participants for a portion of the days when the club has a scheduled group running the route. (This does not apply to non-motorized travel.) The Red Rock 4-Wheelers feel that this will provide a better experience for their guests, as well as prevent potential resource damage caused by overcrowding.

In general, the route will be restricted during the morning hours, although in-and-out routes may stay restricted into the early afternoon. The Club will have a monitor posted at the entrance to each exclusive use route (on days it is "run"), explaining other options for motorized recreation; the monitor will reopen the route when the Red Rock 4-Wheelers group has cleared the area.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:
Working...
X