Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Bernardino National Forest - Forest Order 05-01

Now for some "not so good news" Forest Order 05-01 (which closed the area of the SBNF from the Green Valley area over into the Lytle Creek area) WILL NOT EXPIRE ON June 30th as planned. So for those of you who'd planned on a 01 July run into this area, you'll need to wait a bit longer.

Possibly in September, the area may open _partially_. When I know more, I'll post it.

For reference, here's a map:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...ClosureMap.pdf

And the text:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...forder0501.pdf
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Do you have a link to the statement that says the June 30th date will not be honored?

That sucks! I've had campground reservations for 6 months in Dogwood campground.
    [COLOR=Red] '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4" Superlift, 33x12.50 MT/R's, Detriot Locker, Warn 9000XDI, York Air, SYE, Belly Up...[/COLOR]

Comment

No statement, heard it from the USFS at the SBNFAOHV meeting.
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
        No statement, heard it from the USFS at the SBNFAOHV meeting.
        Where are those meetings? Are they open to everyone? You always have great info
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Bummer. Thanks for the heads up though...
          [COLOR=Red] '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4" Superlift, 33x12.50 MT/R's, Detriot Locker, Warn 9000XDI, York Air, SYE, Belly Up...[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
            Where are those meetings? Are they open to everyone? You always have great info
            Sarah,

The monthly OHV meeting (and the AAT meeting) are at the Sizzler in Corona. OHV is always the 2nd Wed, IIRC, the AAT is the 3rd Wed.

I try to post anything of interest into the various BBS' as I gather it.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY

Comment

Was there any mention made of Cleghorn?
              Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Jeri,

Wish I could say different, but 2N47 is part of 05-01. If I hear anything _specific_ about that (or any other trail in 05-01), I'll let y'all know.
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                  Jeri,

Wish I could say different, but 2N47 is part of 05-01. If I hear anything _specific_ about that (or any other trail in 05-01), I'll let y'all know.

Thanks Jeff
                  Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

No problem - I'm the head of the "Bad News Department"
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

Jeff
                      the map shows Pilot rock loop as closed, but 2 weeks ago it was open and had a lot of traffic on it, is that map up to date
                      also it shows a lot of the area behind Pinacles closed ?
                      I am wondering if all of those shown closed are still closed?
                      That and the Butler peak area it shows open, but that is washed away.\Do you have a up date on these? Like Snow Slide trail (2n13) has always been a fav way to get between a few areas for me, is that open?
                      Last edited by blackZZR; 06-14-05, 07:34 PM.
                      censored for having an opinion

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, 2N33 is still closed from Cedar Springs Dam Road to where it intersects 2N36.

Did it look like the general public, or maybe a work party?

I'll check.
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY

Comment

A cj. a grand Cheokee and 2 land rovers in one party, and 3 jeeps in another
                          censored for having an opinion

Comment

If the area is closed, where were all those old Broncos and jeeps going a couple weekends ago?

Comment

If you saw them on 2N47 (Cleghorn), it was most likely the Adopt a Trail club for Cleghorn (Drifters), or qa SBNFA OHV patrol/inventory group.
                              Jeff
                              OHV76V
                              KG6TY

Comment

Working...
                              X