Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Valley Information Meetings are scheduled

Information Meetings Regarding Land Use Changes in The Johnson Valley Area will be hosted by the BLM and USMC.

May 7, 2014 from 6-8 pm at the Yucca Valley Community Center. 57090 29 Palms Highway, Yucca Valley.

June 20, 2014 location to be determined.

The meetings are open to all interested parties.

Helen Baker

[COLOR="#800000"]I hadn't heard anything from these meetings so I asked around what had been resolved or newly informed from this meeting. The answer...not a lot.

So questions I heard came up:

Q: How will we know when the base plans to utilize the shared-use area? Will there be a public announcement? Will it be a two line blurb on the back page in the local 29 Palms newspaper doing zero good for anyone driving up from the valley? Simply how will we know ahead of time?
    A: Uhh......we haven't gotten that far yet.

Q: What are the plans to depict, on the ground, which areas are now "Off Limits" to riders who have used the area for decades? Will there be a fence around the area?
    A: No fence, but there are signs posted between the exclusive use area and the shared use area. They will soon begin to cite trespassers for going into the exclusive-use area. (Apparently the "Ignorance is not a defense" rule.)

I heard there was a lot of vague talk about the "intent of Congress" and the "intent of the Bill"...which seems to me to be very open to interpretation and give a lot of power to those implementing this .... compromise.

Another little nugget to come from the meeting was that although the JV area cannot be used as dud-producing impact area, it can be used as a firing area for dud producing ordnance. A nuance that wasn't made clear to the local residents apparently. True Story...an M777 is just as loud at the firing point as the 155mm is at the impact point.

Overall: I didn't attend, but I collected the information from a few that did. The attendees said there was an ominous feeling in the room, and the Public Affairs Officer and BLM representative didn't seem very comfortable.

IF YOU ATTENDED PLEASE WEIGH IN. I think many would like to know more straight from you.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

what is left map

http://www.johnsonvalley.com/JV_Kios...dMapupdate.pdf
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
        [COLOR="#800000"]Link isn't working Curtis. I uploaded the Map to my Google Drive Let me know if there are problems viewing.[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

It's on Pirate here at post #10. Sorry

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/johns...l#post25856937
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
          X