Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook spoke at Tinbenders

I did not stay on Saturday to hear him speak, but pretty neat that he would come out and speak to his followers out in the desert. Not many politicians will do that. His aid Dawn Rowe was there at least on Friday. She rode with Dave Cole when we did Highway 19-20-21.
    Rich

He's definitely keeping himself a public figure now that he's elected. He was rather absent during the election season.

Don't let his willingness to attend events fool you. He recently told a group of people that we'd never repeal Obamacare. (Maybe it's true, but that's not the right attitude!) He shoved through the beloved Johnson Valley thing, where the marines get the land whichever two months of the year they so choose. (Maybe it "saved" JV, but what if they pick November and December? This was a bad compromise.) His office has no position on the national internet tax or regulating the internet.

We need to start asking this guy some hard questions, and get some answers!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Some common sense :thumbs_up:thumbs_up
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I have met him a number of times and I like him. The times I have met him were in regards to JV and have not had discussions on other issues I am concerned about. JV is my biggest concern at this time. NO other politician has taken our side. I am afraid even his bill will be dead in the Senate without support from Feinstein or Boxer.

Obamacare is either going to self-destruct or continue going on and destroy our health care system. The numbers of folk dependent on government is growing with no end in sight. I pity the young. The cost numbers we are hearing for insurance costs will certainly get those who voted for Obama wondering WTF happened.
        Last edited by Ol Man; 10-25-13, 04:24 PM.
        Rich

Comment

Feinstein and boxer have to much to loose. So he is part of the payroll and will say what needs to be said. Sarah is right about the 2 month deal and look out for the live rounds.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Nobody likes losing any part of JV, but the alternative proposed by the Marines is the worst. Cook's proposal is the only one that does not kick us out forever.

We all attended meetings, wrote letters, made calls, filled out anti forms and they were pretty much ignored by the Marines.
            Rich

Comment

You guys have done a great job of fighting for jv. But can we trust the government any more?

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                You guys have done a great job of fighting for jv. But can we trust the government any more?
                Anymore ? Trust and Politicians don't go together and never have. Its time to look for another planet to live on. Puck this Flace
                You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Working...
                X