Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
    Not true, they have a larger than normal grant to the OHV fund....of course, that is probably to close OHV trails, but it's still money :-)
    It is true,the OHV division has money but funding for state parks is running on a shostring budget. I work for State Parks and can say this from experience. Not trying to stir the pot,just stating fact. Sorry if this offended anyone but I would love to see Nightmare re-opened.

Comment

PSamuals, welcome to MJR! We are greatful for your input and participation. Any information you can share is of value. Particularly if you have any recommendations for us to help the Gov do the right thing and open up public land!
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

A group of off roaders went around the gates.

http://www.cal4wheel.com/access-issu...ightmare-gulch
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

More ass hats making it difficult for the rest of us. Someone has to know who did this. They had to have posted it somewhere.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

This part of the article is not true, "The Emergency Closure was issued as a result of summer storm damage which rendered the canyon impassable to vehicles.". We went through there after the summer storm that is mentioned with no problem what so ever. Even took two stockers with us, no issues. I would really like to see the what they are calling impassable conditions in the canyon. To my knowledge no one has walked the canyon and took/posted pics of this obstacle.

About 3 yrs ago one of the canyon walls caved in and 4 jeepers and two 2 Tundras were back there clearing the slide with their winches. No closure then. Too bad it is so hot right now, might be a good time to hike the canyon and find this so called impassable condition.

Do agree that going around the gate is not the answer to getting this fixed

Comment

anyone have word about this trail?
              it would be nice to see it.
              It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

We went thru with the horses just a year or so back. It is still pretty torn up, and even with horses we had a pretty rough go of it.
                I plan to see if we can try again in November when we camp out in Last Chance.
                The flash floods do some very strange stuff out there!
                Last edited by slickrock steve; 09-18-15, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I went to the CA4WDC South District meeting yesterday. John Stewart, the CA4WDC Natural Resources Consultant for Southern California reported that the CA State Parks Department has decided to re-route the trail so that it avoids the riparian area. Because of the CA State Parks budget situation, it is unknown when that will happen.
                  If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                  KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                    I went to the CA4WDC South District meeting yesterday. John Stewart, the CA4WDC Natural Resources Consultant for Southern California reported that the CA State Parks Department has decided to re-route the trail so that it avoids the riparian area. Because of the CA State Parks budget situation, it is unknown when that will happen.
                    that is not good news at all
                    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
                    X