Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is not unusual to tell the public that a permanent closure is only temporary.

(Paranoid? Who's paranoid?)
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
      From Terry Work on another site:

Jeremy,
      CORVA is looking into the reasons for this closure, we have heard various reasons from a washout damage, envioros, to a past closure that was not acted upon, plus the normal postings of some with no info. will let you know when we know more

Terry

Terry Work

VP CORVA
      Jeremy, thanks for posting this. FWIW, I just got off the phone with Randy Banis, one of the leaders of the Friends of Jawbone, and he said that FOJ is not allowed to spend any of their grant money within the Red Rock State Park, which is who owns Nightmare, so they are very limited in what they can do. However, they were aware that CORVA is engaged in this, with a specific task of arranging AAT groups to help reopen the trail. I am in, I love that trail and am willing to help. I informed Randy that MJR can probably commit to 6 to 10 people for a repair crew, maybe more.

If you can reach out to Terry to let them know that MJR stands prepared to help, I'll bet we can get it reopened.
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

You can count us in for trail work.

Comment

It's a good drive for me, but I'd be willing to go and help out with any maintenance work needed. No clue what the scope of work is yet I guess?
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I'm sure MJR AAT can throw some resources at this. We need to know who is coordinating the effort and get in contact.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Absolutely count us in! It can't be any worse than the things that we repaired to open Holcomb Creek.
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

I am in for AAT work!

Comment

I'm willing to do what is needed. Count me in.
                  Check out .

Comment

Thread on the wrangler forum, socal section has a lot of info on this. Got CORVA and others looking into this. My last reading over there is the closure is temporary but indefinite. Probably going to be one of those long drawn out enviro studies. Since I have next week of am thinking of hiking the canyon. I found a way in that dumps you in just about the middle of the canyon so will be able to walk the "difficult" portions in both directions.

Comment

Originally posted by DaK View Post
                      Thread on the wrangler forum, socal section has a lot of info on this. Got CORVA and others looking into this. My last reading over there is the closure is temporary but indefinite. Probably going to be one of those long drawn out enviro studies. Since I have next week of am thinking of hiking the canyon. I found a way in that dumps you in just about the middle of the canyon so will be able to walk the "difficult" portions in both directions.
                      Found the thread. No new info there
                      http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/nig...od-352426.html

You are referring to Exit Hill via the easy little canyon west of Last Chance that heads up to the old mine?
                      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

A Bogus "temporary" Closure.

Comment

The So called "damage":

Comment

Here is a response I received from the superintendent:
                            "The Gulch is being temporary closed for public safety and natural resource protection, because of a summer storm that caused damaged to the area. This is common in State Parks and State Vehicle Recreation Area’s when storms and other events (wildfires, floods, mudslides, etc.) destroy portions of the Park.
                            We are working on the problem, this closure applies only to vehicle traffic, the Gulch is still open to hiking."

Comment

They will not respond to what the "damage" actually is. Trying to clarify what we are up against. Also, they will not let us help fix it.

Comment

Sounds like they need to close the park to nature, rather than off-roaders.
                                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                                X