X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: Johnson Valley Marine Expansion

Cactus Thorns News
    October 22, 2012
    How about returning to the Good Neighbor Policy?

http://www.vote29.com/newmyblog/archives/41351

Lets add our comments to the comment section, and share!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

From the way the author portrays the situation, it seems like a classic case of government pursuing its own interests (as opposed to those of the people it was created to serve). Not to say that it's not important, but relatively speaking, this issue with Johnson Valley is just a very small part of what is really at stake. We are perilously close to having a nation where everything revolves around the government and its interests.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

" ...this issue with Johnson Valley is just a very small part of what is really at stake"
      With all due respect that is why I posted this in a jeep forum where it is absolutely relative. We have a lot of history with the Marines that is well documented on this site and have been involved to keep our land free, for years, nothing wrong with that. In fact it is what is right. I fight many battles at the same time. This is one of those battles and I'm not backing down on account of the Country being taken over by a Communist Marxist Dictator want-to-be. I am fighting that battle as well. And while I don't support every land take over, mission or war I do support our boys 100%.
      I've taken the larger and most critical issues to a larger more suitable venue of social media, I invite you to join me on facebook for the most critical local and national issues facing our nation.
      Vote like your life depends on it.
      Best, Maxwell Britton
      Last edited by Max7; 10-22-12, 12:09 PM. Reason: shpelling
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It seems that I wasn't effective in communicating. I didn't mean to imply that we shouldn't be fighting for Johnson Valley, nor that it's not relevant to a Jeep forum or to our general interests as American citizens. My intent was simply to comment that what seems to happening with JV is really part of a much larger pattern. If anything, I think that really underscores the importance of it.

I am very appreciative of the service and sacrifices our troops have had to make, and continue to make. That said, I don't necessarily agree with what, where, how and why they have been required to serve. As you, I also don't agree with the military taking public land without really good reason.

By the way, I like your signature very much.
        holes = cowbell

Comment

Great dialog Max & Dave
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
            " And while I don't support every land take over, mission or war I do support our boys 100%.

Best, Maxwell Britton
            I like this statement Max. It seems some people in the US tend to think that soldiers like War; on the contrary they are the first ones to try and find a way to avoid it. It is THEIR asses getting shot at. Its the damn politicians looking for a way to make themselves look good, or forward America's agenda, or line their pockets with more kickbacks from the arms manufacturers.
            I'm with you, the Marines need to train, no doubt that is why our military is the best in the world. But there are other places they can do it that are much more remote than JV. If there was no alternative I would accept the Marines taking JV. But there are alternatives.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
            X