Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
    At 1:25: "Any stock vehicle, or even a vehicle up to 33" tires would have a hard time through this". When the Rubicon was "rediscovered" 60 years ago a stock vehicle (because Jeeps didn't have 33" tires then) could run the trail. Then about 20 years ago, the Little Sluice was sabotaged to make it impossible except for highly modified vehicles to make it through. If you think that El Dorado County "ruined it" for you, why not restore your Project JK Jeep to stock and take it through?
    Apparently your comments are not well liked by the crowd over there. Oh well...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Well, for someone who has never done the Rubicon... it kinda sucks because I will now hear, "you should have done it when it was hard". I already regret not going before the gatekeeper was destroyed.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
        [COLOR="#800000"]Well, for someone who has never done the Rubicon... it kinda sucks because I will now hear, "you should have done it when it was hard". I already regret not going before the gatekeeper was destroyed.[/COLOR]
        I have been and was looking foreword to running it next year. I feel your pain.
        Check out .

Comment

Well don't feel too cheated. The Little Sluice is the actual trail; the bypass is not. So you'll still get to run LS, and it still looks sufficiently challenging for most rigs. And there are other obstacles along the trail that are fun and challenging.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

For the time being if you want challenging try upper upper Sledge hammer.
            The Rubicon would be more for enjoying the scenery,if this is the price to pay to keep the trail open I would say it's a small price to pay

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
              Well don't feel too cheated. The Little Sluice is the actual trail; the bypass is not. So you'll still get to run LS, and it still looks sufficiently challenging for most rigs. And there are other obstacles along the trail that are fun and challenging.
              [COLOR="#800000"]Well, I just know that I hafta get the rigs prepared for the whole trail, and do it soon. With the way the trails are being assaulted this year, it seems we may not have a lot of trails left in the next decade.[/COLOR]

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              For the time being if you want challenging try upper upper Sledge hammer.
              The Rubicon would be more for enjoying the scenery,[COLOR="#FF0000"]if this is the price to pay to keep the trail open I would say it's a small price to pay[/COLOR]
              [COLOR="#800000"]Although I feel its extortion for us to have to give up anything to keep our trails, I agree to whatever it takes to keep the trail open.[/COLOR]
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Yea but it won't be like this.

Check out .

Comment

Rubicon is mostly scenic anyway. The trail is challenging enough to make for a fun day of driving, but with the reward of a nice swim at the end

If you crave the big rocks, go to JV.

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                    At 1:25: "Any stock vehicle, or even a vehicle up to 33" tires would have a hard time through this". When the Rubicon was "rediscovered" 60 years ago a stock vehicle (because Jeeps didn't have 33" tires then) could run the trail. Then about 20 years ago, the Little Sluice was sabotaged to make it impossible except for highly modified vehicles to make it through. If you think that El Dorado County "ruined it" for you, why not restore your Project JK Jeep to stock and take it through?
                    Apparently your comments are not well liked by the crowd over there. Oh well...
                    I would "thumbs up" his comments.
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                      The Rubicon would be more for enjoying the scenery,if this is the price to pay to keep the trail open I would say it's a small price to pay
                      Indeed! I want to go on the rubicon for the trail, sure. But I really want to go because I've heard (and seen photos) of how beautiful it is out there. If it's not as challenging as it used to be, that's ok. At least it's still open :-)
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                      X