Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleghorn Ridge Wind Project

Looks like we could be losing Cleghorn soon.

[COLOR=black]White House fast-tracks Inland project[/COLOR]

Credit: BY BEN GOAD, WASHINGTON BUREAU, The Press-Enterprise, [COLOR=black]www.pe.com[/COLOR] 11 October 2011 ~~

WASHINGTON — A plan to generate power — and local jobs — through the construction of 52 wind turbine generators in the San Bernardino National Forest is among 14 projects around the country selected by the Obama administration to move forward at an expedited pace, the White House said Monday.
    The federal review period for the Cleghorn Ridge Wind Project will be cut from as long as three years to as short as 18 months under the order, according to guidance released Monday evening.
    The decision stems from an August presidential memorandum in which President Barack Obama instructed agencies to speed up environmental reviews and permit decisions for high-priority infrastructure projects that have secured necessary funding and can create a significant number of jobs.
    “Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of federal permit decisions and environmental reviews is one critical step the federal government can take to accelerate job creation,” the White House said in the guidance.
    It was not immediately clear how many jobs would be produced by the project, which involves the turbine generators being aligned in an east-to-west direction along Cleghorn Ridge, which lies west of Lake Silverwood and south of Highway 138.
    The federal agencies with jurisdiction over the project include the U.S. Forest Service, the Federal Aviation Administration and the U.S. Air Force.
    The White House said the project has been proposed by an organization called Cleghorn Ridge Wind LLC. Attempts to reach a representative of the corporation late Monday were unsuccessful.
    Check out .

I don't think this will happen. The green under OB has turned a little brown.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I do not think we will loose Cleghorn. Public access has not been denied on any other wind project that I know of. I've been to plenty of meetings for other projects. What would most likely happen is Cleghorn would be re-graded to allow 18 wheelers and concrete trucks to get to the sites to deliver construction materials.

Those with a stake in this better attend every meeting and give your input. I've been monitoring the desert projects. Time for some of you in the I.E and O.C. step up to the plate and get involved. Cleghorn is yours to loose....
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Agreed Roger but I'm sure they would not allow any traffic during construction. I hope you guys are right.
        Check out .

Comment

A construction closure would only be temporary. That could be lived with. As long as there was assurance it would be reopened after the project is complete.

There's more steady wind at Newport beach and Huntingion Beach. That's where the wind turbines should go.
          MJR moderator
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            There's more steady wind at Newport beach and Huntingion Beach. That's where the wind turbines should go.
            But thats where all the rich liberals live. Probably why there is so much wind there...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
              But thats where all the rich liberals live. Probably why there is so much wind there...
              Is that wind or sucking?
              MJR moderator
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                Is that wind or sucking?
                Either way it is creating a directional air flow in the area.

the other alternative will be for everyone to start using Palm ave. (sugarpine trail?) during the construction. I bet that would make all the homeowners at the base of the trail real happy.

Comment

[COLOR="sienna"]Another thread made me think of this again. What was the outcome here?[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                  Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                  X