Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger,
    Would you be willing to be a trail leader during the week? If there are others that can make up a sizeable workforce during the week that would be awsome. Round the clock trail maintenance. What a concept!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Roger a dead beat? If you thought you were posting on the basket weaving site and got confused then I might understand your concern. But here, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING. We need folks like you and besides that your nice to be around. As Rat said weekday round the clock what a concept and I'll bet from your Calico runs with the prep you do you'd make that happen.

Cheers DB Roger Tom

Comment

Kurt, I'm not sure I have enough experience on this project to be a trail boss. I realize I've been a boss my whole working career, but I think I better get a little more trail work under my belt before taking on this position! Let me get a little more experience, then I'd be glad to do it. In the famous words of Dirty Harry; "A man's got to know his limitations."
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Kurt, I'm not sure I have enough experience on this project to be a trail boss. I realize I've been a boss my whole working career, but I think I better get a little more trail work under my belt before taking on this position! Let me get a little more experience, then I'd be glad to do it. In the famous words of Dirty Harry; "A man's got to know his limitations."
          Roger, you are more then capable of handling this task. The key to success just like everywhere else is communication. As long as all the trail leaders are communicating so we know what is going on we can’t fail. Plus, if Ryan can do it…:dunno:
          Check out .

Comment

Okay, I'll show my ignorance as to computers. What's a control panel? I don't see any list as to dates as to when the AAT is going to work on Holchom. I hear of people going, but after the fact. My new job gives me alternating days off, some weekends, some middle of the week. Just need to know in advance, to plan for it. Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Brushing is easy and there is a lot of brushing that needs to be done on the trail.
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
                Okay, I'll show my ignorance as to computers. What's a control panel? I don't see any list as to dates as to when the AAT is going to work on Holchom. I hear of people going, but after the fact. My new job gives me alternating days off, some weekends, some middle of the week. Just need to know in advance, to plan for it. Kevin.
                [COLOR="sienna"] I'll see if Sarah can post up a sticky about how to volunteer for Adopt-a-Trail days. Until then, follow THIS LINK. If that doesn't work, click on "Settings" at the top of the page, then on the left hand side go down to "My Account" and click on "Permission Groups". That page will allow you to submit to join the AAT group.

Unfortunately, it's not something you can just show up for at the last minute. The Forest Service has information requirements for hours tracking and other purposes, essentially you need to be on the AAT roster. Once you have access to the Adopt-a-Trail forum, you will see any workdays planned in the forum or on the AAT Calendar.

Hope this works for ya Kevin!
                [/COLOR]
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

There is a sticky with instructions right above this post
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                    Roger...Plus, if Ryan can do it…:dunno:
                    Ryan - I think you just got slammed.... I don't think you are working Chuck hard enough.
                    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                    MJR moderator
                    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

not a troll and i've ran 3n16 and nearby trails for yrs. I know do not live locally and have a herniated disc in my back that has also torn. Surgery is due in the next month. That and now that I live nearly 200 miles one way to the trail is what keeps me away from helping. not the fact that i dont care for the trails. I do.
                      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

I would be happy to help on a weekend. July is only a week away, I'm sure even after it is open there will be work needing to be done.
                        Thanks for all your hard work!

Comment

After 6000 hours of volunteer trail work.....3N93 Holcomb Creek is open to the public.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...0&%2520Notices
                          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                            After 6000 hours of volunteer trail work.....3N93 Holcomb Creek is open to the public.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...0&%2520Notices
                            WoW! That is fantastic.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

dang i was hoping it would stay secret for one more weekend lol. great work guys!!!!! Im very excited to see the area
                              KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

It was announced on Pirate 4x4 at 4am this morning. No keeping it secret after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X