Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holcomb Creek Trail???

Any idea if this trail will ever be opened again? Never had the pleasure of rocking this trail. --Damon
    My Jeep cost's me more than my wife...

MJR is working very hard to get the trail back in to useable shape. It should be open in July 2011.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
      MJR is working very hard to get the trail back in to useable shape. It should be open in July 2011.
      Awesome. What could we do to help?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Heep View Post
        Awesome. What could we do to help?
        Sign up to join our AAT group and come help us work the trail. We can always use good people with a willingness to get dirty for a good cause.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

93 views and not one reply to volunteer to help get the trail open. CLASSIC! Complacency rules around here...

Comment

Hey, I'm on the roster and will be there Sunday, there's 1 view.

Who was it just telling Nick to think positive?
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              93 views and not one reply to volunteer to help get the trail open. CLASSIC! Complacency rules around here...
              Kurt, Red Heep asked what he could do to help and you answered him, so that's one!
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

I am still being positve. But the fact remains...

Comment

Sorry Kurt. I try not to reply "I can't make it". It get old. Jeep is giving ignition issues and that Rottweiler I told you about is being picked up by a rescue org this Sat and I need to be around for that.
                  But soon.

Comment

I'm in Kurt- I'm fat enough to count for 1.25 people, and I'll be there for both days. Bring your gloves
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                      I just requested to be a member of the AAT group. --Damon

Comment

Originally posted by Red Heep View Post
                        I just requested to be a member of the AAT group. --Damon

THANKS Damon. I'll get with Sarah to speed things through.

Comment

[COLOR="sienna"] Just a couple of points about volunteering for MJR Adopt-a-Trail to help on Holcomb Creek, that perhaps not everyone is aware of:

It's pretty easy to volunteer. Just use your control panel and request to join the Adopt-a-Trail group! Ta-Da!

Not everything we do requires strenuous work. Although we do have some very major projects remaining on Holcomb to remedy before the trail will be reopened, there are plenty of tasks which don't make you sore the next day. Cutting back of brush, raking the limbs and sticks from fallen trees off the trail for example. We still need to resurface and paint the trail signs also. These less intensive tasks are also a great way to get your kids into the forest. Something to think about.

We do need your help! Holcomb has been closed for over three years now. We truly need to get this trail opened again, and we can only do that with your help. Our Adopt-a-Trail roster is well stocked, but for some reason we usually end up with the same six to eight people every time. It's understood that people's schedules are sometimes not conducive to volunteering. In this economy people are working harder than ever; but we have to get more than just the usual suspects out on the trail. Hoping to get our volunteer numbers into the 20's for each date, it seems we need to get the word out more.
                          [/COLOR]
                          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Nick, I've sort of been a weekday crew member. Since I'm retired, working during the week seems to be better for me. I've sent four days working for Ryan & Russ on the veggie crew in the last month. I also posted that I'm available this Thursday for Hotshot crew transportation. I guess what I'm saying is that although I have not been able to do a weekend work day yet, I'm not a dead beat!
                            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                            MJR moderator
                            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

[COLOR="sienna"]Roger,
                              We're in need of more volunteers on our roster. As you've stated, many can't make it on the weekends. If we get more people involved to get the trail opened, the better the chances are that more people will be available on any given day. Dead beat?? Absolutely not! You're a workhorse my friend and I'm happy any day I see you on the trail with us!
                              This thread is a public notice that we're looking for anyone interested in volunteering to help.
                              [/COLOR]
                              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X