Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger
    replied
    Kurt, I'm not sure I have enough experience on this project to be a trail boss. I realize I've been a boss my whole working career, but I think I better get a little more trail work under my belt before taking on this position! Let me get a little more experience, then I'd be glad to do it. In the famous words of Dirty Harry; "A man's got to know his limitations."

Leave a comment:

• Black & Tan TJ
    replied
    Roger a dead beat? If you thought you were posting on the basket weaving site and got confused then I might understand your concern. But here, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING. We need folks like you and besides that your nice to be around. As Rat said weekday round the clock what a concept and I'll bet from your Calico runs with the prep you do you'd make that happen.

Cheers DB Roger Tom

Leave a comment:

• RAT
    replied
    Roger,
    Would you be willing to be a trail leader during the week? If there are others that can make up a sizeable workforce during the week that would be awsome. Round the clock trail maintenance. What a concept!

Leave a comment:

• USMC 0369
    replied
    [COLOR="sienna"]Roger,
    We're in need of more volunteers on our roster. As you've stated, many can't make it on the weekends. If we get more people involved to get the trail opened, the better the chances are that more people will be available on any given day. Dead beat?? Absolutely not! You're a workhorse my friend and I'm happy any day I see you on the trail with us!
    This thread is a public notice that we're looking for anyone interested in volunteering to help.
    [/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Nick, I've sort of been a weekday crew member. Since I'm retired, working during the week seems to be better for me. I've sent four days working for Ryan & Russ on the veggie crew in the last month. I also posted that I'm available this Thursday for Hotshot crew transportation. I guess what I'm saying is that although I have not been able to do a weekend work day yet, I'm not a dead beat!

Leave a comment:

• USMC 0369
    replied
    [COLOR="sienna"] Just a couple of points about volunteering for MJR Adopt-a-Trail to help on Holcomb Creek, that perhaps not everyone is aware of:

It's pretty easy to volunteer. Just use your control panel and request to join the Adopt-a-Trail group! Ta-Da!

Not everything we do requires strenuous work. Although we do have some very major projects remaining on Holcomb to remedy before the trail will be reopened, there are plenty of tasks which don't make you sore the next day. Cutting back of brush, raking the limbs and sticks from fallen trees off the trail for example. We still need to resurface and paint the trail signs also. These less intensive tasks are also a great way to get your kids into the forest. Something to think about.

We do need your help! Holcomb has been closed for over three years now. We truly need to get this trail opened again, and we can only do that with your help. Our Adopt-a-Trail roster is well stocked, but for some reason we usually end up with the same six to eight people every time. It's understood that people's schedules are sometimes not conducive to volunteering. In this economy people are working harder than ever; but we have to get more than just the usual suspects out on the trail. Hoping to get our volunteer numbers into the 20's for each date, it seems we need to get the word out more.
    [/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• RAT
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Heep View Post
    I just requested to be a member of the AAT group. --Damon

THANKS Damon. I'll get with Sarah to speed things through.

Leave a comment:

• Red Heep
    replied
    Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
    93 views and not one reply to volunteer to help get the trail open. CLASSIC! Complacency rules around here...
    I just requested to be a member of the AAT group. --Damon

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    I'm in Kurt- I'm fat enough to count for 1.25 people, and I'll be there for both days. Bring your gloves

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    Sorry Kurt. I try not to reply "I can't make it". It get old. Jeep is giving ignition issues and that Rottweiler I told you about is being picked up by a rescue org this Sat and I need to be around for that.
    But soon.

Leave a comment:

• RAT
    replied
    I am still being positve. But the fact remains...

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
    93 views and not one reply to volunteer to help get the trail open. CLASSIC! Complacency rules around here...
    Kurt, Red Heep asked what he could do to help and you answered him, so that's one!

Leave a comment:

• Materdaddy
    replied
    Hey, I'm on the roster and will be there Sunday, there's 1 view.

Who was it just telling Nick to think positive?

Leave a comment:

• RAT
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RAT
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Heep View Post
    Awesome. What could we do to help?
    Sign up to join our AAT group and come help us work the trail. We can always use good people with a willingness to get dirty for a good cause.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X