Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget amounts from OHV Division

I received this email from Amay Granat (Natural Resources CA4WD).

Hi Everyone,

I was waiting to hear more details, but it appears the the legislature is going to pass a budget that includes taking money from the OHV Division of State Parks. So far, the amounts are: $5 million from the Operations side of the Division, and $5 million from the Grants budget.

This does not include $21 million from the money held in reserves for acquisitions that the Governor had already announced he was going to take.

We don't yet know whether this is loan, in which case it would be a one-time event, or a take, which could turn into an ongoing, yearly event.

Various organization and individuals are very angry about this, and are taking lawsuit. At this point, since we are short on details, there is a limit to what the attorneys can determine, but I have no doubt that there will be much more talk about lawsuits in the near future. We also don't know how this will affect operations at the SVRAs, but it is bound to result in either shorter hours, less staff, or both. As soon as I get more details, I will pass them on.

Amy
    This is not good.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Just recieved a letter from my representative Bob Huff about this budget BS. A typical response; Thank you for contacting my office... The Governor recently released his budget proposal... State is facing a $26 billion deficit... many sectors and programs are threatened... we are faced with difficult decisions... on and on. He goes on to say the HE has ALWAYS supported the OHV programs and he has SERIOUS concerns about taking money from these programs BUT...rest assured your thoughts on this issue have been logged... WTF? I guess I shouldn't bitch, he did respond. So the letter going back to him is being written right now. I'm going to suggest that Ca Government, starting with the Governator on down get a big pay cut and salary freeze until the budget is brought under control.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Here is the latest:

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/f...ch_14_2011.pdf
      Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
        What! They don't say a prayer!?
        Thanks for the updates, guys. They always start with teachers and recreation it seems.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
        X