Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide Forest Watch Volunteer Program

Do you see people abusing the forests when you're out there enjoying the trails or camping whether it be littering, cutting trees, camp fires during bans, and destroying or making new trails? Do you wish that your presence would deter that kind of behavior? If so, I have a deal for you. A new Forest Watch Volunteer Program has started up in Eastern WA and I am the Western WA Representative.

The Forest Watch Volunteer Program is bigger than just our area. We have hopes that the Forest Watch Volunteer Program goes nationwide some day. Too many of our public lands are being closed due to lack of funding. Some seasonal, and others forever. Any damage done that has to be fixed takes away from the funding to do general maintenance and other normal operating costs. These vandals are taking away our land because of repair costs and giving the Greenies ammo to shut us out.

We envision someday that the program will have campers, hikers, bird watchers, horsemen, fishermen, hunters, ATV riders, 4 wheelers, snowmobilers, etc. having their own Forest Watch Programs policing themselves. Peer pressure goes a long ways and is alot easier than unrelated users policing unrelated users. What a utopian society we could have if we cleaned up ourselves instead of battling each other.

"Forest Watch Volunteer Program" is open to everyone. All outdoor enthusiasts including campers, hikers, bird watchers, horsemen, fishermen, hunters, ATV riders, 4 wheelers, snowmobilers, etc are encouraged to participate.

This is a volunteer program for those who are willing to report violators that break the rules on our Public Lands. If people know we are watching then hopefully we can lessen damage done and keep access to our public lands open and reduce the amount of taxpayers money being spent for repairs to these areas.

No meetings, work days or membership dues are required. Just Vigilance and a willingness to take pictures of and report offenders caught in the "act".

As a volunteer you are being asked to be vigilant for those that would do damage to our public lands and their resources. If a volunteer observes someone intentionally doing damage to public lands by vandalizing property, mudding, forging new trails, cutting down trees, starting fires, etc. they are asked to take photos getting as much information as possible including but not limited to vehicles and or individuals doing the damage and whenever possible recording license plate numbers.

There are decals you can get from the website and put on your Jeep and tees and hoodies for you to show the world that you are a Forest Watch Volunteer.

More info here on who to contact to become a PR Rep for your area. http://www.orvforestwatch.org/
    Last edited by Rubiclone; 11-11-10, 08:41 AM.

Like.

Oh wait, this isn't Facebook.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
      Like.

Oh wait, this isn't Facebook.
      But there is a link to the Facebook page on the site page.

Comment

Like also
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

I like the idea too!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

very cool. Facebooked, website saved to favs, stickers ordered, camera in the Jeep. Thanks for the links.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              very cool. Facebooked, website saved to favs, stickers ordered, camera in the Jeep. Thanks for the links.
              You have the Rat Patrol handle I like best, but I fear it would be a little over the top for this mission I've taken on even though I feel it fits it to a tee.

Comment

Great to see. Decals ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubiclone View Post
                  You have the Rat Patrol handle I like best, but I fear it would be a little over the top for this mission I've taken on even though I feel it fits it to a tee.

I'll share! That tv show is why I got into off roading and specifically Jeeps. I like what your doing and will help where ever I can. I'll be headed your way for Christmas. Got fam in Maple Valley.

Comment

I'll share! That tv show is why I got into off roading and specifically Jeeps. I like what your doing and will help where ever I can. I'll be headed your way for Christmas. Got fam in Maple Valley.
                    That and 12 o'clock high were my favorite shows when I was a kid living in Adelanto in the 60's. When I lived in San Berdoo in the 80's, a friend had a CJ-7. Made me jealous of the ease he could wheel Big Bear compared to us minitruck 4x4s. 20+ years of dirtbiking and 4 Jeeping.
                    Bring warm clothes. It's supposed to be an epic winter. Register here for our runs; http://www.wavjc.org/forum/

Comment

Would any of you like to become a CA High Desert representative?

Comment

Would any of you like to become a CA High Desert representative?
                        What does that entail? I would love to, just have to see what is involved and if I can fit it in to the already busy schedule.

Comment

What does that entail? I would love to, just have to see what is involved and if I can fit it in to the already busy schedule.
                          PM sent.
                          I went from a FWVP to a rep in like 4 hours. Basically I attend DNR, BLM, USFS and PNW4WDA meetings and spread the word.
                          We could use a SoCal and NoCal rep too.

Comment

PM sent.
                            I went from a FWVP to a rep in like 4 hours. Basically I attend DNR, BLM, USFS and PNW4WDA meetings and spread the word.
                            We could use a SoCal and NoCal rep too.

PM right back at cha.

Comment

Working...
                            X