Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Survey to Help Save Johnson Valley (And a statement from AMA)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey to Help Save Johnson Valley (And a statement from AMA)

I chatted with Kim from District 37/AMA this evening. I know many that read this board have been hearing how D37 is supporting Diane Feinstein and her big land grab (to get to the point quickly LOL). Kim has prepared a statement to share with the offroad community.

To the members of the 4x4 Community,

My name is Kim Carpenter. I am a member of Partnership for Johnson Valley, Rescue 3, Inc., FAST-Aid and yes District 37/AMA.

I am here to tell you that District 37/AMA does not represent the view of all of the members of District 37 when it comes to the Districts' support of S2921.

District 37/AMA and ORBA have hand selected two or three people to attend City Council, SANDBAG and other group meetings. These few individuals are stating that "they represent the Off-Road Community". THEY DON'T! There is wide opposition to S2921 within District 37, ORBA and other off-roading groups.

The survey I am asking you to respond to has nothing to do with S2921 but with the expansion of the 29 Palms Marine Corps Base into Johnson Valley. Please take the time to respond.

I can assure you that more info will be coming in the next couple of days regarding the opposition of S2921 by D-37 members and also a statement from an Apple Valley Town Council member.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    That being said, she is leading up a survey and would appreciate a few moments of your time to submit some information they can use to help stop the marine base expansion.

Although there has been little chatter lately regarding the 29 Palms Marine Base Expansion there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes. The Partnership for Johnson Valley (PFJV) has been asked by an independent analyst to once again survey the users of Johnson Valley to determine the potential economic loss to not only Johnson and Lucerne Valley but the surrounding towns too.

This issue is key in making our case against the 29 Palms Marine Corps base expansion.

I have been asked to once again gather information on dollars and time spent in the Johnson/Lucerne Valley and surrounding towns. (Surrounding towns include: Apple Valley, Hesperia, Victorville, Yucca Valley, Morongo Valley,
    etc.)

I would like to know the following:

1) How many trips do you make to Johnson Valley a year? (approx)

2) Where do you travel from? Do you travel up the 15 and then through Hesperia, Victorville, Apple Valley or do you drive the back way through Morongo, Yucca Valley and travel the 247?

3) Where do you normally purcahse your fuel, groceries, firewood, misc supplies for your desert trips? Is it your home towns or do you spend money in the towns surrounding Johnson/Lucerne Valley?

4) When you do purchase gas, groceries, firewood, hardware, restaurant or misc purchases in the towns surrounding Johnson Valley what is your estimated spending and in which surrounding town? (Apple Valley, Lucerne, Yucca Valley, etc)

5) If you had to estimate the value of the rigs you bring to Johnson Valley what would that be? (Truck, toyhauler, motorcycles, race cars or trucks, support vehicles and equipment)

Please reply to me at kim@pfjv.org

I can assure you that all information submitted is kept in strict confidence. We never ever use names. I am only capturing data. Once we have completed the survey I will post our results.

One more thing, I will post this survey on Race-Dezert, Pirates 4X4 and Thumper Talk. If you are a user on other off-road forums please copy and paste this info. We would like to capture as many users as possible.

Thank you,

Kim
    Thanks so much everyone, and there will be more updates coming soon I'm sure.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

I took a few minutes to answer the survey. Your turn...

Thanks for posting Sarah!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
      i chatted with kim from district 37/ama this evening. I know many that read this board have been hearing how d37 is supporting diane feinstein and her big land grab (to get to the point quickly lol). Kim has prepared a statement to share with the offroad community.

That being said, she is leading up a survey and would appreciate a few moments of your time to submit some information they can use to help stop the marine base expansion.

Thanks so much everyone, and there will be more updates coming soon i'm sure.

survey says... Done!
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Done deal, the e mail pigeon delivered it

Comment

Done. Thank you
          Check out .

Comment

Done deal from both MJR and Pirate.

Comment

Sent...

Comment

DonE. I have been going out there weekly lately.

Comment

Done...

Comment

....ditto.....
                    John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
                    X