Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandals deface southern Utah red rock with graffiti

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10164006
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Dirtbags!
    I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

These are the kind of people that when arrested, you hope the officer "forgets" to buckle the perps seat belts and performs a 'brake check' on their vehicle thereby smacking them into the screen a few times...
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

I don't understand why they feel the need to destroy things.

Most come from a bad area. Once here you would think they would want to take care fo their place. Like when you get ride of an old car, that new car you take care of it and keep it clean.

Comment

I have some symbols for them; .223, 30-06, 50 cal BMG. Anyone of them will do the job of cleaning that mess up!
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Some people really don't understand. I've noticed a lot more of this stuff. I'm an avid backpacker, and go into the backcountry often. There is more and more of this going on. It kills me that people are so f-ing ignorant to do something like this. When I put on my backpack, and walk 10+ miles into remote areas, and see things like this, it really pisses me off. Find these people and put them away for as long as you can!

Comment

We can blame some of this on certain people just being cretins, but we also need to factor into the abuses caused by our government closing the open spaces and squeezing us all into smaller and smaller recreational areas.
              Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
              Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
              HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                We can blame some of this on certain people just being cretins, but we also need to factor into the abuses caused by our government closing the open spaces and squeezing us all into smaller and smaller recreational areas.
                I see this from another point of view; we're getting squeezed into smaller areas by the 1% idiots that never learned the value of anything, including themselves. It's amazing how much publicity this issue will get in the media, with the vandals simply having to spray paint some symbols on protected rocks, and yet we work our asses off to repair trails and clean up the environment and we have to beg and plead to get a 2 minute (if we're lucky) blurb on the news about us. This society SUCKS!
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  this society sucks!
                  word!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                    I see this from another point of view; we're getting squeezed into smaller areas by the 1% idiots that never learned the value of anything, including themselves. It's amazing how much publicity this issue will get in the media, with the vandals simply having to spray paint some symbols on protected rocks, and yet we work our asses off to repair trails and clean up the environment and we have to beg and plead to get a 2 minute (if we're lucky) blurb on the news about us. This society SUCKS!
                    X3 well said
                    Dennis and Tammy
                    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

"It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground
                      Send 'em all to their maker and he'll settle 'em down"

perhaps Willie was a little extreme for vandals but I think if you're caught doing something like this.. 2 weeks deep desert clean up wouldn't hurt. Couple weeks with jail food dusty water and 115 degree heat while they polish sand stone might make them think twice. The biggest problem is people don't have consequences for their actions. At least not enough to motivate them to change.
                      Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X