Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Mitzelfelt Appointed to BLM Desert Advisory Council

Guess we missed this one! This is weird, isn't it!!

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/info/new...ointments.html

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar has appointment four new members and re-appointed one member to the Bureau of Land Management's (BLM) citizen-based California Desert District Advisory Council (DAC) which advises the BLM on public land issues.[...]
    San Bernardino County Supervisor Brad Mitzelfelt of Wrightwood who will sit as an elected official and represent county government.
    This was from August.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Not sure this is a good thing or not...
    Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

He seems to be pro off-road and was against the wind projects in the Apple Valley & Lucerne Valley areas so I'm happy to have him on the board. But - we need to watch him closely so we'll know when he's been bought.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Unfortunately, that's what it has come to, hasn't it? Not "if" they've been bought, but "when" and by "whom."

Comment

It's interesting that he's on the board since he's a county supervisor. San Bernardino County has filed a lawsuit against the BLM over Camp Rock Rd. The county has been maintaining it for decades and applied to the BLM to make it a County Road over ten years ago and the BLM never answered them one way or another. So the County filed the suit to obtain possion of it.
          MJR moderator
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Maybe we'll have to send his office emails again to find out what's going on with Johnson Valley OHV. I feel like everyone's forgotten about it - everyone in the gov't and media, that is.

While looking for his email form I did find this: (download it and read thru the name list!!)
            http://www.recallscalifornia.com/mitzelfelt.htm

Anyways, here is the form. *sent*
            http://www.sbcounty.gov/bosd1/contact/Email.aspx

Comment

Sarah,

You will hear from his office. He is very good bout having his staff contact those that send him an inquirey on a subject.

The recall won't find enough support. Most of the people who live in the 1st district are happy with him. Even though no one is perfect, I am happy with him.
              MJR moderator
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

I haven't heard from them yet... but have in the past, you are right.

Regarding the recall, I hadn't even heard about it. I am still getting to know Mr. Mitzelfelt.

Comment

Neither recall went anywhere, although the one against Adams did have some effect. Mr. Adams has chosen not to run for reelection.

Roger is correct about Brad, he won his last election by something like 70%. We've known him a long time and have found him to be a good communicator, his field reps. do respond. Do we always agree with him? Not necessarily, is he always willing to talk to us, absolutely.

He has a good memory too. A funny story. We first met him back in the original California Desert Protection Act days in the 90's. We worked side by side with him and CDC. We hadn't seen much of him since then, we don't live in SB County. When Brad first ran for Supervisor a few years ago we signed on as supporters. A few days later we got a phone call from Brad asking if this was the Harry Baker from the CDC? After all those years he still remembered. And, even more recently Brad was giving a speech at a dedication out in Goffs and in his speech he credited Harry with teaching him how to read a map!

Helen Baker

Comment

Working...
                  X