Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing New Trails at Corral Canyon OHV Area: 1-9-10

I got this email the other day and wanted to pass it along. I'm gonna try to make it out there.

With all the trails being closed we actually have the opportunity to help build some new ones!

I received a call this morning from Richard Tull, CC park ranger in charge. This Saturday January 9 at 9:30 am work will start on new 4x4 trail #11, The Motorcycle Tot Lot, and the motorcycle single track trail the length of the park. It is all marked out and ready to be cleared and groomed. Richard needs volunteer manpower. Tools and instruction will be provided. We need to bring safety glasses of some type, gloves, water, and lunch. It dosnt sound like very heavy work just grooming the original trek. Its our park and we have a golden opportunity to improve it considerably. I volunteered us to work on the 4x4 trail 11 if you would like to join us it would be appreciated. If you can make it please post up so we know how many to expect. Meet at 9:00 sharp at four corners parking area.

The new trail has been marked out with flags. They don't like to go through too much vegetation so there shouldn't be too much hacking. This is volunteer work, so come late and leave early if needed. All the hoops have been jumped through, all the approvals have been accepted so this is finally a go! TDS will be adopting the trail when it's complete.

I'm pretty damn handy with a chainsaw on all types of terrains, all types of brush, etc. I'd like to go if I can make it. If not, when will the next day be?
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Very cool, I'll see about getting out there.
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

A successful day at Corral Canyon. We added a black diamond loop off trail 11. Guys from 4x4 corps and Scuff members we in big attendence. I dont have many pictures, so I was trying to find those taken by those fellas, but I can seem to find their website yet. Three trails today, one for motorcycles, one for a small tots motorcycle trail and one jeep trail. The loop is maybe as short as Sidewinder, so I wouldn't drop what your doing and come a long ways to run it, it would not be worth it. But if you make a day of it, you could run Sidewinder, Bronco Peak then this as well to finish the day. A long struggle to get more trails available to us the off road community has paid off some. A big huge thanks to all those behind the scenes folks. I am sure Vern had a large hand in it as well. No, I am not forgetting the boys who played instead of worked on the trail and to whom we had to send a portable welder to fix said motor mount........(Mig....jeep)
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Sorry I couldn't make it...not enough cash for gas due to that unexpected "expense" I told you about. My thanks for the efforts of you and everyone involved, as I hope to get out and enjoy those trails sometime soon. Any word on the next trail clearing day out there?
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Here's a link showing the work that was done:

http://www.socalultimate4x4.com/inde...ic,2785.0.html

Comment

Working...
            X