Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We pay the legals fees when the environazis sue the US government?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We pay the legals fees when the environazis sue the US government?

I did not know this. :angry:

Under the Equal Access to Justice Act (EAJA), Congress allows needy individuals and nonprofit organizations to recover attorneys fees whether they win, lose or settle. And while the original intent was to guarantee access to the courts for the poor, a dozen of the nation's wealthiest environmental groups are using the law.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ntal-lawsuits/
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Well, why couldn't we take advantage of this law to sue the BLM & Forest Service for unreasonable road closures?
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Sounds like MJR needs to become a non-profit! Hey Sarah, private 'executive' jet here we come!
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
        Well, why couldn't we take advantage of this law to sue the BLM & Forest Service for unreasonable road closures?
        Ummmmm . . . Wouldn't we then just end up paying for all of that too? Seems to me that taking advantage of this law results in taking advantage of the American Taxpayer . . . isn't it bad enough that the Greenies are doing it? Perhaps making the American public aware of their actions and misuse of the system would be a better course of action than participating in the misuse of the law :dunno:
        Last edited by Schmo; 11-19-09, 06:16 PM.
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

agree

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
          Ummmmm . . . Wouldn't we then just end up paying for all of that too? Seems to me that taking advantage of this law results in taking advantage of the American Taxpayer . . . isn't it bad enough that the Greenies are doing it? Perhaps making the American public aware of their actions and misuse of the system would be a better course of action than participating in the misuse of the law :dunno:
          good point.
          It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Comment

Goodness!! When does the craziness end!?! Stupid Congress. It's about time we vote in some more good people so we can have a majority.
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
              [COLOR="Sienna"]I agree totally, however I find that taking the moral high ground means that we lose the fight (and our trails) with our heads held high.

Just something to think about.[/COLOR]
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                [COLOR="Sienna"]I agree totally, however I find that taking the moral high ground means that we lose the fight (and our trails) with our heads held high.

Just something to think about.[/COLOR]
                I hear ya. It sucks, but I think Sarah is on the right track . . . vote in people that will stop the madness. I'm all for fighting the Greenies when it comes to this stuff, just not at the expense of the tax payer.
                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                X