Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moab GONE?? HEARING IS THURSDAY October 1st!!!!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moab GONE?? HEARING IS THURSDAY October 1st!!!!

You can make a few easy phone calls, read more here:

STOP THE UTAH WILDERNESS MADNESS!!
    Last edited by LadyRed; 09-30-09, 09:01 PM. Reason: replaced a word
    Stacie Albright
    Life Member BlueRibbon Coalition

Originally posted by LadyRed View Post
    You can make a few easy phone calls, read more here:

STOP THE UTAH WILDERNESS MADNESS!!
    That is insane. I called already but the sleepy heads in Utah aren't there yet. Got an answering machine and left a message. I'll be calling again later.
    Thanks Stacie
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

According to a Congressional Research Service report, 5.7 million BLM acres is nearly 3 times the BLM wilderness recommendations and 75% more than the BLM's Wilderness study acreage. The 5.7 million acres amounted to 26% of all BLM lands in Utah, and 11% of the entire state.

In 1995, not even the radicals at SUWA "visioned" that 14 years later their 5.7 million acre bill would balloon to 9.4 million acres. That's over 45% of all BLM lands in Utah off limits to all mountain bike and motorized recreation.

Utah's political representatives need to know that the majority of Utahans oppose this. And they need to hear it from you. Today please.

Rep. Rob Bishop: 202-225-0453
      Rep. Jim Matheson: 202-225-3011
      Rep. Jason Chaffetz: 202-225-7751

Be polite. None of Utah's Representatives or Senators support SUWA's madness. If you call now, you can make SUWA's bill like toxic waste, so that none of Utah's representatives will ever come near it. Ever.
      I called all three-

Bishop supports keeping the blm untouched, and will fight for it to remain so.

Matheson is undecided. I made my concerns known that we would not be happy if we lost anymore blm land.

Chaffetz is voting no on the bill. He will not let us lose anymore blm land.

CALL MATHESON and get some heat on him.
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Darn it! I only got a secretary, but she assured me that Rep. Matheson has "some concerns" about the bill. And would pass along my concerns to the Congressman when he returned to the office.

My gut feeling tells me that his phone has been ringing off the hook, and that he's tired of taking phone calls about it. But hey, who knows, maybe she'll actually pass my concerns along to the congressman. I think I used the word "insane" not fewer than twelve times.

Mission partially accomplished. [/COLOR]
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
          That is insane. I called already but the sleepy heads in Utah aren't there yet. Got an answering machine and left a message. I'll be calling again later.
          Thanks Stacie
          [COLOR="Sienna"]Aren't you close enough you could pay his UT office a visit?[/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Act now or lose all your rights!!

Contact your representative now and urge a no vote on H.R. 1925, America's Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009. H.R. 1925 will designate more than nine million additional acres as Wilderness and unnecessarily close access to responsible recreation at the Moab, San Rafael Swell and Chimney Rock off-highway vehicle areas (to name a few) in Utah.

The AMA set up a link that you can use to contact your federal lawmakers by going to the Rights section of the AMA website at AmericanMotorcyclist.com and then clicking on the "Issues and Legislation" link. It is time we started fighting back or we will lose all our rights! I contacted my representative, now you contact yours!
            Last edited by DirtBall89; 09-30-09, 04:08 PM. Reason: Add text
            Never the last trail!:cactus:

Comment

Sent email when I found out about it, insane madness is the only words that come to mind.
              "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Working...
              X