Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Article - SBNF Roads closing for Reconstruction

Forest Service Plans Road Reconstruction for Big Bear, Arrowhead Areas; Portions of Holcomb Valley Road May Be Closed Through Spring 2010

September 8, 2009 by Catherine Sandstrom
    Filed under Current News, Government, Recreation, Roads/Travel, San Bernardino National Forest

The San Bernardino National Forest has plans to reconstruct several roads near the Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead communities, and these projects will begin today, September 8, and are scheduled to continue into next spring. The following roads are scheduled for reconstruction, and may be closed intermittently to public use at any time between now and Spring 2010: Four-plus miles of Holcomb Valley Road, 3N16, from Belleville Meadows in Holcomb Valley west to the intersection of Omya Mine Road, 3N88; Delamar Mountain Road, 3N12, entire length of road from intersection with Coxey Road, 3N14 (about two miles northwest of Fawnskin) to the intersection with Holcomb Valley Road, 3N16, in Holcomb Valley; Snow Slide Road, 2N13, from the intersection with Coxey Road, 3N14 (about a mile-and-a-half from Fawnskin) to the end of reconstruction 2.3 miles west of 3N14; and, near Arrowhead, Splinter’s Cabin Trailhead, 3N34D. The funding for the reconstruction of these National Forest System roads comes from federal appropriations to enhance water quality through the reduction of erosion and sedimentation in forest streams and waterways. For more information on the San Bernardino National Forest, you can visit their website.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

figures
    deer season is just around the corner too.....

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]How with this effect the AAT efforts on Holcomb?[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
        [COLOR=sienna]How with this effect the AAT efforts on Holcomb?[/COLOR]

It won't. We have Jeeps! I got this same article form my office manager who has a cabin in BB. Was going to post but cha beat me to it.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
        X