Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gates Status?

Greetings,

Just looking at some maps I printed out. I see there are gates all over the map. How does a person know if gates are open at any given time? I mean, short of driving out there and finding a locked gate of course.

Like 1N21 at the base of the hill, up to 1N09 and connecting back up to the 330.

Roads/Trails and facilities closed by either the Butler 2 or Slide fire are here:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...ns/slide.shtml

Roads/Trails and facilities closed by the Grass Valley fire are here:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...ssvalley.shtml

I'm not familiar with 1N21

Edit - checked my staff map - forgot I had it here. I'm showing the gates on 1N21 (both ends) as permanant closure gates - not seasonal
    Last edited by Old Fart; 08-20-09, 12:46 PM.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Doesn't 1N09 get closed regularly? It seems to be closed all winter and then it is closed again if the fire danger reaches above 'Low'. It's hard to tell when it is open. I've been Jonesin' to drive the road, but I seem to find a closed gate regularly. But then again, I seem to be a magnet for locked gates. I guess I should quit trying to take the path less traveled.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

1N09 is not part of any seasonal closures.

Because of its proximity to civilization 1N09 may have the heaviest use of any road in the SBNF. 1N09 is usually the first road to get closed in fire danger situations.
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Working...
        X