Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator's proposed desert legislation

Hello all,

I wanted to invite you to a meeting this Friday the 31st in our Los Angeles office from 2PM-4PM to discuss the Senator's proposed desert legislation. This will be the final vetting meeting we hold with the off-roading community before we introduce the bill and we look forward to having you at the meeting and hearing your input on this important proposed legislation. Pls rsvp with me if you can attend.

If you have any other questions, feel free to call me at 310-914-7300. We look forward to seeing you soon.

All the best,

Chris Carrillo

Field Representative, Counties of San Bernardino, Riverside & Orange

U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein

11111 Santa Monica Blvd Suite 915

Los Angeles, CA 90025

310-914-7300
    I have emailed him back asking for the proposed bill so that we may review it.

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Please keep us posted on any new info. I might be in that area on Friday afternoon for a client meeting.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I wonder if it's this:

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar...on/na-desert25

Edit: If it IS this, this may be one time that we want to back something she is proposing. I read this one a while back, and it grandfathers in and preserves existing recreational uses (including off-roading) within the boundaries of the monument.
      '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Tam,

If you get a copy of this proposal, please keep us informed. At a recent meeting it was stated the wording on this could leave existing dirt roads and trails open as is, or they could be excluded for use by OHV's. It is all in the verbage. Also this lastest land grab of public lands will tie into a dozen existing Wilderness areas already previously designated from prior public lands. Lets try to make sure this is for the right reason or we could just be giving away more and more land. IMHO

Mitch

Comment

It would be good to review the Bill. I have trust issues with Senator Feinstein.
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

He said he would give us a copy at the meeting.

I think that completely blows.

Tam

Comment

Tam, they have a perfectly illegitimate reason for not giving you a copy beforehand. If you were to have a copy beforehand you might be able to make an intelligent assessment of the proposed legislation and so ask intelligent questions and make intelligent objections. Feinstein wants to be able to use the meeting with offroaders and the "community" to claim legitimacy for her proposed program; but it's obviously a cheat, because she is trying to make it a meeting in which potential opposition is unprepared and uninformed. Feinstein is a cheat and a traitor to the Republic. Do not expect honesty, uprightness, or fair play from her or her staff.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

I actually just got off the phone with Chris Carillo and Helen Baker.

The reason for the meeting is to allow us input to the proposed legislation, not as you suspect.

I found out after the fact that this meeting was also by invitation only, which was not told to me at first.

I was invited due to my involvement with the petition. I cannot make the meeting, however, Harry and Helen will be there representing the offroad community, along with others.

Tam

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                  I actually just got off the phone with Chris Carillo and Helen Baker.

The reason for the meeting is to allow us input to the proposed legislation, not as you suspect.

I found out after the fact that this meeting was also by invitation only, which was not told to me at first.

I was invited due to my involvement with the petition. I cannot make the meeting, however, Harry and Helen will be there representing the offroad community, along with others.

Tam
                  I was also invited to this meeting by being put on the invitee list by Helen. I will not be able to attend, but appreciated the invite.
                  Rich

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                    Tam,

If you get a copy of this proposal, please keep us informed. At a recent meeting it was stated the wording on this could leave existing dirt roads and trails open as is, or they could be excluded for use by OHV's. It is all in the verbage. Also this lastest land grab of public lands will tie into a dozen existing Wilderness areas already previously designated from prior public lands. Lets try to make sure this is for the right reason or we could just be giving away more and more land. IMHO

Mitch
                    X 2 Verbage is extremely important!
                    Best, Maxwell Britton
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thank you Harry and Helen!
                      Best, Maxwell Britton
                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X