X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JV Scoping summary report

http://www.29palms.usmc.mil/las/docs...0June%2009.pdf
    Rich

Thanks Rich. Hopefully it will have meaning to the military.

Mitch

Comment

Now that the OHV "community" has spoken up, we all need to pay attention when the draft EIS (Environmental Impact Statement) is published and sent out for review.

Updates can be found at:

http://www.29palms.usmc.mil/las/

Comment

Thanks for those links. Very good information!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I think we all need to stop a moment and thank Tammy (Jeepgal) for her efforts on the board here. She started both petitions and managed them throughout the comment period. I have spent countless hours on the phone with her and know she has spend countless more managing duplicates, printing the petitions (the second one was a ream of paper!!) and making sure they got in front of the correct people.

Originally posted by report
          In addition, two petitions were received during the scoping period. One
          petition from the Partnership for Johnson Valley contained 3,332 signatures (each
          signature was counted as one comment). The second petition to preserve Johnson
          Valley OHV through de-designation of wilderness areas contained 8,907 signatures
          (each signature was counted as one comment).
          I would also like to thank each and every one of you that signed the petition, sent in comments and/or went to the scoping meeting.

During the 90-day public scoping period for the proposed Twentynine Palms Training
          Land/Airspace Acquisition EIS, a total of 660 people attended the three scoping
          meetings and a total of 19,244 comments were received through letters (2,330
          comments), emails (3,314 comments), written comment sheets (1,337 comments), and
          speaker cards (24 comments).
          A majority of comments were received from off-highway vehicle (OHV) users
          (approximately 71 percent) and environmental groups (approximately 21 percent).
          Just a little bit CAN make a difference. One person CAN make a difference.

Thank you Tammy!! for all of your hard work in this, along with everyone else who has helped make this happen. Rick and I have seen Harry and Helen Baker at just about every meeting we attended. PFJV and FOJV have contributed tremendously. As well as every single one of you.

Thank you, thank you! If you couldn't tell, I am very excited about this report
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Sarah,

It was an interesting meeting. Harry ran the meeting along side of Helen. Alot of "what if's" came up.

*If JV is made into a "Nation Recreation Area" by Congress (Feinstein) it would stop all USMC expansion to the west, but it could also change the "open area" status and limit use to certain specific trails in JV.

*If the USMC is approved for west expansion, it would shut down the Fry Mountain Wind Project cause it would be inside of the proposed area.

Joe, the gentleman from the USMC, stated that they were advised not to bring up or push the issue of de-desiginating Wilderness area's to the east (Cleghorn / Sheephole).

So yes, a thanks to all involved. This is going to have a few twists and turns before it is over.

Mitch

Comment

I received a copy of the Summary a few days ago.

I believe that this is the first mention of the dedesignation of wilderness area as a means in which to preserve Johnson Valley. Finally, they are hearing what we are saying.

Thank you so much for the words of appreciation Sarah. I cant imagine not doing it.

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                I received a copy of the Summary a few days ago.

I believe that this is the first mention of the dedesignation of wilderness area as a means in which to preserve Johnson Valley. Finally, they are hearing what we are saying.

Thank you so much for the words of appreciation Sarah. I cant imagine not doing it.

Tam
                Tam, there is no discussion of creating a Wilderness Area of JV. The discussion of JV has to do with the creation of a National OHV Area. This could trump the Marine expansion. The problem is we have nothing in writing to review what this might mean. There are discussions going on. We would like to have all of our present Open OHV areas get this designation. That would be Spangler Hills, Stoddard , JV and the others (I think Rasor and can't remember the fifth).
                Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                  Tam, there is no discussion of creating a Wilderness Area of JV. The discussion of JV has to do with the creation of a National OHV Area. This could trump the Marine expansion. The problem is we have nothing in writing to review what this might mean. There are discussions going on. We would like to have all of our present Open OHV areas get this designation. That would be Spangler Hills, Stoddard , JV and the others (I think Rasor and can't remember the fifth).
                  Of course not. That is not what I said. I said that this was the first Ive seen in writing where the Military is taking us seriously regarding our request to dedesignate wilderness area for combat training INSTEAD of taking Johnson Valley.

If you havent read the wording of the petition, now would be a good time.

www.savejohnsonvalley.com

Tam

Comment

Hey Tam,

I just want to say that if we are successful in this fight, you will be the main reason we won. I'm not trying to diminish the hard work by others, but I feel your work on the petition will prove to be the deciding factor.

My sincere thanks for your hard work on this. I also want to thank all the others who entered the fight.

Tam - you are the best.
                    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                    MJR moderator
                    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                      Hey Tam,

I just want to say that if we are successful in this fight, you will be the main reason we won. I'm not trying to diminish the hard work by others, but I feel your work on the petition will prove to be the deciding factor.

My sincere thanks for your hard work on this. I also want to thank all the others who entered the fight.

Tam - you are the best.
                      X2 we will have to name a trail after you
                      Its no fun without family

Comment

Sweet!

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                        i think we all need to stop a moment and thank tammy (jeepgal) for her efforts on the board here. She started both petitions and managed them throughout the comment period. I have spent countless hours on the phone with her and know she has spend countless more managing duplicates, printing the petitions (the second one was a ream of paper!!) and making sure they got in front of the correct people.

I would also like to thank each and every one of you that signed the petition, sent in comments and/or went to the scoping meeting.

Just a little bit can make a difference. One person can make a difference.

Thank you tammy!! For all of your hard work in this, along with everyone else who has helped make this happen. Rick and i have seen harry and helen baker at just about every meeting we attended. Pfjv and fojv have contributed tremendously. As well as every single one of you.

Thank you, thank you! If you couldn't tell, i am very excited about this report
                        Drew
                        95yj Six Pack

Comment

I'll name my first-born Tammy ... I hope it'll be a girl (not that I have any plans for a child anytime soon)
                          03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                          "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

You guys are all to nice. I dont know if the petition will result in the marines getting dedesignated wilderness area, but what I do know is that it shows that we are one.

I was told that the petition was going to be recorded as individual comments at the scoping meetings, Im happy thats how it turned out.

Tam

Comment

Working...
                            X