Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFJV Hosts A Desert Information Meeting

The Partnership For Johnson Valley will host a Desert Information Meeting at 9:00 AM on June 18, 2009, at the Johnson Valley Improvement Association Community Center.

Topics to be reviewed include:

The proposed expansion of the Twentynine Palms Marine Base including the withdrawal of some of the segregated lands

Maps of the revised study area boundaries

Summary of Scoping Comments

The proposal by The Wildlands Conservancy to create two national monuments and a national recreation area

The proposal by the California Wilderness Coalition to create additional, or to expand existing, wilderness areas

The Competitive Renewable Energy Zones

Time will be allotted for audience questions and comments.

Please RSVP by email to: bakerhab@aol.com

Harry Baker
    Chairman
    Partnership For Johnson Valley
    bakerhab@aol.com
    www.pfjv.org
    818-705-3930 - office
    818-370-3582 - cell

The Johnson Valley Community Center is located 1-3/4 miles south of Hwy. 247 (Old Woman Springs Rd.) on Larrea Rd. at the corner of Quailbush Rd. www.johnsonvalley.com

FYI: Larrea Road is the only paved road in Johnson Valley. Larrea Road is approximately 1/2 mile west of Boone Road.

All meetings of the PFJV are open to the public, and the military is regularly invited and in attendance. Harry Baker said, "I've been very gratified that Marine Corps representatives accept our invitations and take time out of their busy schedules to attend. They have shown an impressive willingness to be open, honest and listen to all stakeholder concerns during their planning process."

If you would like to donate to the Partnership, please send a check or money order in care of:

Partnership For Johnson Valley
    3550 Foothill Blvd.
    Glendale CA 91214

Paypal link
    http://www.pfjv.org/donations_needed.htm

About The Partnership for Johnson Valley: The leadership of the Partnership For Johnson Valley has been cooperatively working with the military and the affected Stakeholders in an effort to explore alternatives to the proposed land expansion. The PFJV is a division of the 501(c)3 California Trail Users Coalition. The Mission of the Partnership is to unite the many people who enjoy the diverse activities available in the multiple-use open access area of Johnson Valley. The Partnership’s charter is to promote responsible recreation and the use of desert resources through conservation and education. The goal of the Partnership is to ensure public open-access to the area in the present, and for future generations who Live, Work, and Recreate in Johnson Valley. For more information and updates, please visit www.PFJV.org
    ###

Thanks for posting, I will attend work permitting.
    Best, Max7
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I will plan to attend. Max, if you take the Jeep, there are some cool spots to check out within a mile or two of the meeting location.

Mitch

Comment

Why on a Thursday morning? Is everyone in JV retired? I makes it tough for me to go

Someone please take notes and post up!
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

It's on the calender.

Will it be OK to videotape the meeting?

Comment

Originally posted by karstic View Post
            It's on the calender.

Will it be OK to videotape the meeting?
            As long as everyone agrees, it's okay with me.

Helen

Comment

I'm retired, so I plan on attending.
              Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                Why on a Thursday morning? Is everyone in JV retired? I makes it tough for me to go

Someone please take notes and post up!
                Ditto. Hope the meeting notes/info will be available for viewing & comments Back to the hosts?

Comment

John,

Think about the location, there is always something to do afterwards! It would be worth it. I'll be there 9am.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                    John,

Think about the location, there is always something to do afterwards! It would be worth it. I'll be there 9am.

Mitch
                    If it was on Friday I would give it a whirl but gotta work on Thurs. Also sucks that it is a long drive for me just to get there. Then again, story of my life here in Landscatter.....always too far from all the fun!

Comment

Working...
                    X