Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join CORVA, Cal 4 Wheel and Blue Ribbon and other OHV organizations

I have noticed from the above organizations' newsletters that membership numbers have been declining in the economy. I am sure donations also. I feel it is very important for all of us to financially support these organizations and others. These organizations all have what is called "standing" as representing our interests to the governments (fed, state, local). It takes money to fight for our OHV rights in addition to supporting the various fights by letter writing and so forth.
    Rich

I agree that we need to join organizations that fight for our access rights.
    I first would like to suggest the main effort be to get more support for Blue Ribbon Coalition, they support all forms of access and if we could get all people affected, hikers, bikers, campers, 4x4ers, hunters, etc to one place the numbers would be significant, Blue Ribbon is such a place.
    Next would be United 4x4, they are the national 4x4 site, and after that cal 4x4.
    Our numbers are not the biggest and that is why we get the short end of the stick, however if we got every form of user of our public lands to one area, our numbers would be huge. The other side does not differentiate how they do this or that, they just join in common cause, this is something we need to learn from them, one org. with huge numbers and a bunch of smaller ones makes more sense than a bunch of small non aligned orgs.
    Of coarse I do not want to take away from the original post, we do need to send in the money, just the amount of land taken from us this year should scare us into action, with the signing of the "s22" bill, the clousure of Tellico, the current attack on the Rubicon, without action we could be sitting on the last days of our hobby and it would be a shame to know that a few 25 dollar donations held us back.
    Please join these organizations.
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
      I have noticed from the above organizations' newsletters that membership numbers have been declining in the economy. I am sure donations also. I feel it is very important for all of us to financially support these organizations and others. These organizations all have what is called "standing" as representing our interests to the governments (fed, state, local). It takes money to fight for our OHV rights in addition to supporting the various fights by letter writing and so forth.
      I've signed up for all 3. Here's links to make it easier on everybody:

CORVA

Cal4Wheel

Blue Ribbon Coalition
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Well, this is a mostly Califonia based forum...which is cool. I may well decide to come back here one day. I'm currently part of Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Assoc. GLFWDA.org Part of membership costs is sent straight to United... Carla has tried to help Michigan a lot in the struggle to keep public lands public. I also subscribe to Blue Ribbon, but have not yet become a "member". When life settles down and finances allow I will.[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

You got that right Black ZZR! Right now you can join BRC for free! It's called the 3 Ride. Join for free for three months and then decide.

Go here for more info: http://www.sharetrails.org/three-ride-intro/
          Stacie Albright
          Life Member BlueRibbon Coalition

Comment

I am member of Corva, cal4wd, and send donations when possible.
            06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
            07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Working...
            X