X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An update on Johnson Valley from the Partnership For Johnson Valley

An update on Johnson Valley from the Partnership For Johnson Valley

It has been an interesting few of days.

In the last week, representatives of the Partnership for Johnson Valley have met with the Wildlands Conservancy Executive Director David Myers, Senator Feinstein's State Director James Molinari, Deputy State Director James Peterson, San Bernardino County 1st. District Supervisor Brad Mitzelfelt, and a representative from the Route 66 organizations.

We have gotten a copy of the map that shows the proposed National Monument that Senator Feinstein has written about, and it also shows a proposed National Recreation Area for Johnson Valley and a Sand to Snow National Monument in the Morongo Basin. We will have the map at the DAC tour and meeting this weekend.

The map is published by the Wildlands Conservancy and it was given to us and also given to Feinstein's staff by the Conservancy.

Stay tuned for more on this fast developing story.

Helen Baker
    www.pfjv.org

Thank you for the updates and for all of your hard work on this.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Letter to Sen. Feinstein:

I was very impressed with your letter to Secretary Salazar concerning the leasing of our public lands in the eastern Mojave Desert. You have my support in this regard. My family and I are intimately aware of the beauty of the Mojave Desert. We take every opportunity to visit the 189,000 acre multiple use area for camping and exploring. I urge you protect this multiple use are in you new legislation. I would be very disappointed if this area was no longer available for my family and friends to recreate. Thank you again for protecting our desert.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Can't say it any better then Sarah and Scott. But,
        Thank you
        Dennis,Tammy
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

I don't understand exactly what this is all about. Any links to more information?
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Helen,

Thank you for your hardwork on this issue.

To all:

Senator Diane Feinstein has been the number 1 largest public land stealer of all. Senator Feinstein has repeatedly taken our public lands away from us under the guise of "Protecting". She is the main reason that The Marines can't move east with the proposed expansion, she will not budge on releasing lands that she grabed for the Sheephole Valley Wilderness and Cleghorn Lakes Wilderness areas. These two are examples of more areas that never should have been designated a Wilderness.

If you look at the Marine Corp Expansion maps that FOJV shows on the first post, there are already 12 different wilderness areas in this one area alone!

So just remember: Feinstein + Protection = No Access / Wilderness

my 2 cents worth
            Last edited by Mitch; 03-21-09, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              I don't understand exactly what this is all about. Any links to more information?
              There was another story about this in Fridays paper.It is a plan to set up a Mojove Monument of some 500,000 acres to stop any more development in the area (solar and wind power)but to keep it open for what it is now used for,so they say.I'm with Mitch here,I don't trust Sen.DF,so keep an eye on this.
              Dennis
              Dennis and Tammy
              Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Working...
              X