X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT-Oppose Reincarnated Omnibus Act TODAY, S.22 Reincarnated

Got this in an e-mail

Dear Chris,
    We want to thank you for taking action in the past using our Save The Trails letter generators to preserve access to your public lands. We thought you would want to know the Omnibus Act S.22 has Risen From The Grave as we predicted it would. Thankfully the AMA and Blue Ribbon Coalition have discovered this in time for you to take action to kill the reincarnation of this extremely bad bill, now in the form of HR 146. It was just voted in the Senate and Passed 77-20, however it will now be rushed to the House for a vote by Congress without debate. With your help It can be defeated in Congress. So it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO CONTACT YOUR CONGRESSMAN NOW.

With such a short time frame for action, the best way to tell your Congressman to vote "No" on H.R. 146 is to call. Click here to get the phone number for your Congressman. Enter your zip code in the "Find Your Officials" box and click on the name of your Representative (Congressman).

If you have called please Call Again, If you have not yet please Call your Congressman NOW!!
    It only takes a few minutes but makes all the difference. If you would prefer to contact your Legislators with e-mail, you may contact your Legislators by clicking here. The AMA has a created a pre-written a letter for your use.

What is HR146? Until recently it was a one page bill regarding the Revolutionary War and War of 1812 Battlefield Acquisition Grant Program to which legislators have now attached their failed 1300 page S.22 Omnibus Act, containing over 160 sepearate other bills. These newly attached bills have nothing to do with the Revolutionary War, but prove this to be legislation in it's lowest form. Because of your calls many legislators are now questioning supporting this bill which will cost $10 billion and increases our dependency on foreign energy in a time of economic crisis, while locking up millions of acres from the public.

Immediate action is critical to help keep 2.1 million acres of public land open to all forms of recreation. Please call your Representative and tell everyone you can to do the same.

[COLOR="Red"]Your calls can help convince every Congressman to vote "No" on H.R. 146!

Please make the CALL NOW[/COLOR]

click here to find the number or learn more

You can call anytime of the day or night and leave a message. If their voicemail is full please call back during office hours.

Thanks to AMA and Blue Ribbon for keeping track of this slippery Bill

Please forward this alert to anyone who cares about our economy, environment and preserving public access.
    Last edited by Dukes69; 03-19-09, 07:26 PM.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Thanks Chris,

I just read an article in the Daily Press (Victorville) about this. Here's the article from AP Washington.

SENATE TO EXPAND WILDERNESS

"For the second time this year, the Senate has passed a long delayed bill to set aside more than 2 million acres in nine states as protected wilderness, ranging from a California mountain range to a forest in Virgina. The 77-20 vote on Thursday sends the bill to the House, where final legislative approval could come as early as next week".

This really sucks that in the a time of State and National financial crisis, the government is considering this bill that will cost 10 billion dollars! We are losing our public lands at an alarming rate. As I scan maps for mines and things to check out, It is truly amazing how many Wilderness Area's are already out there. Dozens and dozens of area's that we can't get to anymore. This really sucks. Please take the time to make some phone calls on this issue. Remind congress that we can't afford to lose any more of our public lands, and that the Country can not afford projects like this!

Mitch

Comment

A little update on California Wilderness area's. What I was able to find is that the current number of Wilderness areas already exceed 139, and in a list of 85 wilderness areas they total an area equal to 3,725,230+ acres. What the other 54 areas add I don't know. Also between China Lake (NAWS), Fort Irwin (NTC), and Twentynine Palms (MCAGCC) they already take up 2,500,000 acres. There isn't going to be much left for us soon.

Comment

I Just Called Jerry Lewis's Washington office. I told is young aid that if Lewis votes for this bill I was going to do everything in my power to make sure he does not get re-elected.

I was shocked to learn that he voted for it last time. What an a$$ he has turned into. Is there any elected official that hasn't been corrupted??

Additional: I just called Brad Mitzelfelt's office and begged his aid to have Brad Call Jerry Lewis. I also told her that if Jerry Lewis votes for this, that I would like Brad to run against him in the next election. Stay tuned...
        Last edited by Roger; 03-20-09, 12:48 PM.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Is that this puppy?
          http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h146/show

Or this?
          http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-s22/show

CRIPE! Jerry Lewis is going to be taken out of office this year, that is my prediction. We can start another thread for this when the time comes, but we're going to be doing some walkin' around and talkin' to people at the polls again this time around.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            I Just Called Jerry Lewis's Washington office. I told is young aid that if Lewis votes for this bill I was going to do everything in my power to make sure he does not get re-elected.

I was shocked to learn that he voted for it last time. What an a$$ he has turned into. Is there any elected official that hasn't been corrupted??

Additional: I just called Brad Mitzelfelt's office and begged his aid to have Brad Call Jerry Lewis. I also told her that if Jerry Lewis votes for this, that I would like Brad to run against him in the next election. Stay tuned...
            x2. Thanks Roger.
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I think it's time for Jerry Lewis's head on a stick!
              MJR moderator
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

We failed:
                http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2009-91

...And Ill be writing Issa a nastygram for his "aye" on this one...
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

My post to The soon-to-be-former Congressman:

Dear Congressman Lewis,

It was with great sadness that I read you voted yes on HR146. This bill added more wilderness. WE ALREADY HAVE PLENTY OF WILDERNESS AREA. HOW ABOUT SOME PUBLIC LAND SAVED FOR THE PUBLIC AND FOR DOMESTIC ENERGY??

I called your Washington Office yesterday and pleaded with the young female staffer to express my concerns about this legislation to you and that I was urging you to vote no.

It seems that you are no longer a Republican except in name only. Please do not run for office in 2010. That way we can get a get a true conservative in office.

I am going to do all I can to see you are not re-elected. How sad this is since I have supported you since you first ran for Congress.
                  Last edited by Roger; 03-21-09, 03:13 PM.
                  MJR moderator
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

I call Linda Sanchez on Thursday and wrote her an email as well. Sadly, she vote yes. Roger if you don't mind, I would like to use your letter as a guide to use for my next letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                      I call Linda Sanchez on Thursday and wrote her an email as well. Sadly, she vote yes. Roger if you don't mind, I would like to use your letter as a guide to use for my next letter.
                      Hey Jason,

Absolutely you may use it. Either "as is" or as a guideline. I think that most of the members who post their letters here feel the same way as I do. If it will make it easier for others to send letters then so much the better.

The bastards in Washington and Sacramento need to hear from us. They are sitting around in their little offices fiddling away while Rome is burning... Oblivous to the truth.
                      MJR moderator
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                      X