Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Best Bet for Getting Involved

As a full time land use and access guy, spending my days and nights saving trails, I get asked often what the main things are that folks can do to save trail (and keep our sports alive). I thought I'd drop in and add some land use stuff here.

I'm sure a lot of you already know these things, but just in case...My answer boils down to these four things:

1. JOIN everything you can afford to join – national, regional, state and local groups and clubs, starting with the BlueRibbon Coalition (www.sharetrails.org)
    2. ADVOCATE for you sport – talk it up; talk to folks who don’t know us; be passionate and informative about what you love to do.
    3. INCLUDE others – by doing ride alongs, organized runs, and politician rides. Take along a member of the local press.
    4. LETTERS – write them when asked; or when you know something needs your opinion and input.

One simple solution I offer folks is the One-for-One proposal. For every time you get to go on a ride, do one meeting or write one letter. One for one. It works.

Learn more about getting involved and what you can do on my land use website at:
    http://www.delalbright.com

thanks ,Del
    Del Albright, Ambassador, BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC), Trail Boss, Friends of the Rubicon (FOTR)

Welcome to the board Del! I couldve sworn you were already a member....hhrmmnn.

Anyway, great advice!

Thanks for joining us. We have a pretty active group here

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Wow! Del Albright is in the house. Welcome Del, Tam is right, we have an active core group on this forum. And we've done a lot of the things you recommend as well. And will continue to. I appreciate all you have done and are doing. Thank you from all of us!
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Great post. Thanks for the four action plans. I actually did item three, I took the editor for the local paper through Johnson Valley and on another trip through the Granite Mtns. She had no idea what was at stake. It really paid off. Now she always has land use articles in the paper.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Thank you!

Del,
          Thank you for your involvement and encouragement.
          Best, Max7
          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Cool to see Del here and great advice especially on the "one for one" idea. That is my new goal (though I am pretty sure I have been close to that lately w/ all the letter writing campaigns and such) and I will be spreading the word on that one.

fwiw, Over at the LOST JEEPS forum we don't have Del as a member but we do have his Better, more attractive, half.... LadyRed!! :wink:

Comment

Stacie is a member here as well

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Welcome aboard Del! You Rock!
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Del, welcome! thank you so much for the invaluable advise...you absolutely Rock!!

Comment

Sweet. Great advise. Welcome.
                    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                      fwiw, Over at the LOST JEEPS forum we don't have Del as a member but we do have his Better, more attractive, half.... LadyRed!! :wink:
                      Awww, you're making me blush

Stacie Albright
                      Life Member BlueRibbon Coalition

Comment

Originally posted by LadyRed View Post
                        Awww, you're making me blush

I knew it would work!
                        :wink:
                        JJ

Comment

Working...
                        X