Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends of Johnson Valley 9/8/08 Meeting Minutes

This one is kinda long and the formatting was really screwing with me so you get a link this time instead.

http://www.fojv.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59
    Friends of Johnson Valley
    Secretary.

Originally posted by EarlKann View Post
    This one is kinda long and the formatting was really screwing with me so you get a link this time instead.

http://www.fojv.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59
    Earl, Thanks for posting this.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

I'm a little fuzzy on the mitigation measures being considered. Is that chronicled somewhere?
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
        I'm a little fuzzy on the mitigation measures being considered. Is that chronicled somewhere?
        The "mitigation" mentioned is in reference to letters that were sent by ORBA and District 37/AMA. Those letters are available for you to read here. They are .pdf or I would copy and paste the text for you.
        http://www.fojv.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50

In the second to last paragraph they say that if the marines find it necessary to take all or part of Johnson Valley the want the BLM to demand "acre for acre mitigation" They further request a meeting with the Congressman to discuss possible mitigation areas.

This whole concept was not received well by other OHV groups that will be effected by the base expansion. Since the writing of these letters and the last FOJV meeting there was a seperate meeting of the OHV leadership group. I offer this quote from Dave Cole who represented FOJV at that meeting.

Today's meeting went better than I could have hoped for.

The CA OHV Leadership Group is comprised of members of ORBA, CORVA, Cal4Wheel, Blue Ribbon Coalition, FOJV, District 37, District 36, American Sand Association, and San Diego Off Road Coaltion.

The most important thing that came out of the meeting was a renewed commitment of accountability by each group to the overall coalition. No group will act unilaterally with regards to strategy or action. We may not all agree all the time, but we will have consensus.

The common theme for the day was trust and communication. We struggled with the right methods to earn and maintain the trust of the grassroots user group while ensuring strategic success in this complicated fight.

No single person has all the answers, but hopefully together along with our individual user groups, we can achieve the outcome we all want.
        We hope to put this division behind us and to proceed as a unified front against expansion into Johnson Valley. We continue to encourage the Marines to expand to the east.

Thanks for your interest.

Donald
        Friends of Johnson Valley
        Secretary.

Comment

Thanks Earl. Unfortunately I cannot read the PDF's because I am not a member of that other forum, but I think I get the gist of it. I was not clear if it was related to the mitigation of the windmills and fencing, etc... or some other user group.
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
          X