Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More "tax" - El Mirage is now a fee area.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More "tax" - El Mirage is now a fee area.

This is copied from the SCTA website:

USER FEES AT EL MIRAGE BEGIN OCT. 1, 2008

Beginning October 1, 2008, the BLM will impose a user fee for El Mirage. The Normal fees are $15 daily, $30 Weekly, $90 annual. ( Oct.1 to Sept. 30.)

SCTA members may purchase special SCTA annual event passes for use on the day before, and day of, SCTA events. The cost is $75. Those SCTA passes include 2 extra vehicle passes. they will only be sold by the SCTA.

The 2008-09 SCTA passes are good only on: Oct. 25,26, and Nov. 14,15,16 of 2008. May 15,16,17,
    June 13,14, July 11,12 and Sept. 12,13 of 2009

Daily $15 passes and SCTA annual passes will be available at the registration trailer.

During the month of September 2008 only , the BLM is selling their normal annual "anytime" passes at a reduced fee of $80. (however there are no extra vehicle passes). These passes will be available at the pass machine near the visitor center until Sept. 30.
    Last edited by Dukes69; 09-08-08, 10:34 PM.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Looks like we need to run Fearless' Folly sometime this month!
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Are those passes ONLY good at El Mirage? That sounds pretty steep!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Glamis' annual pass is $90/year and Dumont Dunes is $90 excluding holidays and $120 including holidays. These passes are only good for those areas. The price for the El Mirage pass is actually a little cheaper.

Comment

I'm sorry I'm kinda ignorant, but are all of these State Fee areas or Federal Fee areas?

Can't they consolidate all these fee areas like the USFS passes? Oh wait, they'll make less money huh?

And is the Rubicon a fee area yet?
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X