Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Follow the Money

Greg, Jeff and Doug will be just fine.

To clarifiy my position, again. I Support the Forest service having the ability to run very efficiently and effectively. However I do not support an extortion fee / Adventure Pass, congress should allocate enough money to allow the Forest Service to do its job properly.

Federal tax dollars should pay for all of the forest aqusitions just like the military, it all comes down to management. Government, then Forest service management. Is there room for improvement... always, as with everything...

Every tax paying American pays taxes, a percentage of those federal taxes should be allocated to the Forest Service for operations, employment of Rangers, aquistions, ect.
    In response to a lack of Federal money for Forest Service operations the Forest Adventure Pass was introduced as a "fix it" for the problem, I believe that was a poor solution.

The problem is that congress is not allocating enough money for the Forest Service to do it's job. There is a need for money and congress proposes the Idea that the tax payer / user pay more when they want to use it. Because if those folks are really serious they will want to pay... It is a load of bull shit cooked up by the likes of Fienstien.

It is tactical, like a "Safety Fee". It is Fienstien / mob mentality. We'll keep you / your forest safe....if you pay this extra fee. We need more money to hire more rangers, more 45-50K Dodge Trucks to enforce that you payed the fee, and if you didn't pay the fee you'll have to pay more money, in the form of a (ticket). The idea of this is askew. Don't get me wrong Dodge trucks are cool...

"Large frame" repair projects to trails are still done by the Feds (but most / all of the smaller projects are done by Volunteers)" Old Fart-
    Pay to play, pay to volunteer?

Bottom line is you are already paying to play, do you really want to pay more to play, or volunteer? I don't. The principal is wrong. I want to volunteer, but I do not want to be taken advantage of. I know you guys are team players and so am I, but you gotta think about what is really happening here folks!

All I ask is follow the MONEY!
    Best, Max7 / 309
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X