Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calico area, New silver mining

Anyone familiar w/ the area in Calico that is going to be mined soon?
    http://www.sbsun.com/search/ci_10231765

Just saw this info in the BLM News Bites email I got today. Wondering what the impact (if any) might be on trails in the area?

http://content.edgar-online.com/edga...064886_MAP.JPG
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I'm a map tard... even zooming in I can't tell where the trails are in relation to that map.

Comment

yeah I tried looking at it. And I tried to compare it to a google map but no luck.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

The Leviathon and Langtry properties are really close to the Doran and Odessa trails, but it is not likely to affect the access to the trails. If you can find the Doran trail on a map and go WNW along the Calico Mtns, the area just past the Wall Street Cyn Overlook is where the property begins.

Yeah, yeah, I know... I'm a Map Geek. It's okay, please don't feel sorry for me.
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

It looks like these claims are North West of Calico and should not affect the area we use.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
              Yeah, yeah, I know... I'm a Map Geek.
              That's an understatment.
              Check out .

Comment

Cool deal, good to hear it probably won't be a problem. Oh and nothing wrong w/ being a map geek, wish I was.

Comment

Thats the mountain to the west of town that has all the dozer roads carved into it. A lot of test drilling was done in the 1970's to assay the mineral potential. Looks like the price of silver/gold has gone high enough for them to start moving some dirt.

Comment

moving dirt = blasting fer shure. I dunno if I want to be spelunking if they are gonna be blasting
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

http://www.sbsun.com/search/ci_10464132

Mining company renegotiates purchase of Langtry property
                      Matt Wrye, Staff Writer
                      Article Launched: 09/14/2008 05:32:12 PM PDT

International Silver Inc. (OTCBB: ISLV) - a Tucson, Ariz.-based exploration and mine development company - has announced that its escrow on the Langtry property in the Calico Mining District near Barstow is being extended for three months, and that it renegotiate the purchase terms.
                      The terms previously pegged payment at $8 million, with 100 percent undivided interest.

But now, International Silver will pay $2 million by Dec. 5, and the remaining $6 million will be financed and payed over a 15-year period.

Langtry comprises about 400 acres, and it's estimated to have 72 million ounces of silver and almost 3 million tons of barite.

The company also wants to start drilling by year's end on the Laviathan Property, a 1,300-acre piece of land owned by the Bureau of Land Management and also located in the Calico Mining District.

The company estimates there's about 1 million tons of barite-silver ore entrenched throughout 60 mining claims on Laviathan. Barite is a heavy material used in manufacturing oil drills.

Comment

How or where did you find this map?

Got a better quality version of it?

Comment

I googled it. and no better version I could find.
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                            I googled it. and no better version I could find.
                            Thanks

Comment

Seek and ye shall find

http://www.internationalsilverinc.co...ry/map_lrg.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X