Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredder Canyon

Yesterday a group of us were at Shredder to do a night run. Sergio and I were waiting for the rest of the group to show when two Sheriffs deputies rode up on dirt bikes. They were citing everyone that was out there in the area for trespassing, registration violations, etc. Apparently the local authorities are starting to enforce a no trespassing policy in the area, and according to the deputy I spoke to, it is illegal to drive your off road vehicle anywhere in the area around Lake Los Angeles, Palmdale and surrounding areas, with the exception of the OHV area at the Littlerock dam. They are enforcing this with enthusiasm; one of the deputies took off after a couple of motor cycles while we were talking.
    After explaining to the deputy about the old Shred-fest events and the fact that we have been wheeling in Shredder Canyon for years, he called a local deputy that has more experience in the area. THe deputy recommended that we contact the owner of the property for permission to drive Shredder in the future. He said that if they catch any one out there again that does not have written permission from the land owner, they will be cited.
    I want to say that these two deputies were extremely cool, and very respectful of us. They hung around and listened to the stories I had of running shredder. We talked about cleaning up the area and they were very impressed when I told them about all the volunteers that MJR has.
    So, I've given you the information the deputies asked me to pass on. Do with it what should be done.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Wow Rat. Thanks. I don't know what else to say but thanks. I havn't been there yet but I will follow the rules what ever they are.

Comment

From Google searching, etc.

Property is owned by Mr. Randall Blayney and his number is (818) 757-1964.

The property is rented out for movies, commercials, etc. I know there use to be an off-road event held there for several years call Santiago's Revenge, put on by (if I recall) the High Desert 4 Wheelers.

If I recall, he required insurance to run on the land. Perhaps we could exchange some clean-up time?

I tried the web-site, www.blayneyranch.com but Nortons keeps popping up and telling me its blocking the site for an "HTTP Fake Scan Webpage".

Comment

Don't know why, but when I clicked on my own link, I got to the web site, error free.

Yes, the land is available for use. There must be $1,000,000 liability insurance, plus some hold harmless forms. If you follow link to "other activities" they show pics for High Desert 4-Wheelers "Shredfest"

Perhaps a smooth talking member of MJR can speak to Mr. Randall Blayney and see what we need to do to run there, but not have an "event" there.

Comment

The Web page says that the property is for sale. Lets just buy it and call it the "My Jeep Rocks Ranch". Between us we probly spent a million bucks a year in parts and toys already......ah never mind I need my extra money for some upcoming projects.

Mitch

Comment

If we buy it can I have the vintage 40's trailer. I have been looking for a new home.
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
            X