X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful out there!

Woman dead after car goes off SoCal mountainside

Advertisement

LAKE ARROWHEAD, Calif. (AP) -- Rescuers have recovered the body of a missing Manhattan Beach woman, whose car ran off a highway in the San Bernardino Mountains and plunged nearly 800 feet.

Coroner's officials identified the body as that of 34-year-old Molly Kate Lamers-Wolfgang, who hadn't been seen since Monday when she left for her family's vacation home in Lake Arrowhead.

A damaged guardrail on Highway 18 about three miles southwest of the lake led authorities to search the area. Lamers-Wolfgang's silver 2008 Volvo was spotted at the bottom of a cliff Wednesday by a San Bernardino county sheriff's helicopter.

Rugged terrain hampered the recovery effort, but a helicopter airlifted the body out Thursday.

Authorities continue to investigate the crash.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

thats to bad ......

not sure if its the case here but people should slow the hell down on those moutain roads we were up the sequioa forest and was damn near ran of the cliff 3 times due to people not slowing down enough for the turns so then they end up in your lane
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Yep. I see way too many folks driving way too fast in the mountains - and a lot of the "oops" can be way past unforgiving - in this case fatal. Lots of repeated/common mistakes.
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

The wife and I went to Big Bear last weekend and it seems a car went over on 38, looked like it was going to fast and did not even try to stop. Huge wreckers and ambulance. One guy setting there clothes all tore up, looked to be crying heavily, we all need to be very careful, with our driving as well as watching others.

Comment

Working...
        X