• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator Feinstein's Wilderness Proposal

Just came across this one:

http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/i...e-2e068dc08271

Here is the pdf file with the maps:

http://www.sbwinvps.com/ut/feinstein...s_proposal.pdf

Man, I wonder if any of these politicians ever visit the areas that they want to close. To read the articles it sounds like they know everything there is to know about the area, yet we never see articles about them actually going there. Looks like the typing skills are going to get a work out yet again. Letters are going out today...Thanks Jul
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks Julie for posting this. Will it ever end?? Geeze...

Here's my letter and I'm going to send it to Ms. Boxer & MeKeon:

Senator Feinstein,

I am very concerned about the huge amount of wilderness area you & Senator Boxer are proposing to add to to Eastern California. I live in Eastern California and although I love the desert and don't want to see it developed, I don't want to loose access to it. I'm not a hiker but I love to explore different areas including old town sites, old mining areas and such. But if this proposal goes through There will be more areas I can not explore. If you recall, a large portion of the the Mojave Desert was set aside in the East Mojave Preserve. This area will forever be protected but there is still access to it with motorized vehicles. I have not heard of any probems that the National Park Service Has had in managing it. Perhaps these proposed wilderness area could be managed in this manner.

If you are truly concerned about the Mojave Desert, then you should be fighting the following projects that will do more damage to the desert:

1. LADWP "Green Path" Project
      2. 100+ wind power projects taking up millions of acres
      3. The large solar projects with 500'W x 300'H that takes up thousnands of acres in the Lucerne Valley area.
      4. The Marine Corps expansion into Johnson Valley which after years of study was set aside for off-road use. (You would be pleased to see how clean the off-road community has kept the area. I invite you to come look at it. I would be happy to give you a tour)

It appears that it is a small special interest group that wants the Wilderness Areas, but please don't deny the majority of citizens access to more of our public lands that we love.

Thank you for your consideration.

Roger Peterson
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
      X