Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal4 South District Meeting July 26 - Big Bear

CA4WDC South District Meeting July 26, 2008 9:00 AM

Hosted by the Bear Valley 4x4 Club at Nottinghams Restaurant.
    40797 Lakeview Drive, Big Bear Lake Ca. 92315
    Located on the corner of Lakeview Drive and Bartlett Road, at the Robinhood Resort in the Village, near the lake.

The resort offers a 10% discount on rooms for the weekend, stay and play! (909) 866-4643 or (800) 990-9956

From the LA area take the 210 to San Bernardino. Continue on CA-30 E. Take the exit onto CA-330 N toward Mtn Resorts. Slight left at CA-18. Turn right at Big Bear Blvd/CA-18. Turn left at Lakeview Dr.

From the San Diego area take the 15 to the 215 thru San Bernardino to CA-30 E. Take the exit onto CA-330 N toward Mtn Resorts. Slight left at CA-18. Turn right at Big Bear Blvd/CA-18. Turn left at Lakeview Dr.

From the High Desert, Hwy 18 up the back way is the fastest.

MORE INFO
    Quinn Thomas
    909-866-4800
    951-235-0293 cell
    quinn@boulderbars.com

Helen Baker
    818-705-3930
    helenwheels422@aol.com

What does Cal4 do? I'm not familiar with that group.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger-

That is the California Asociation of 4 Wheel Drive Club, th umbrella organzation for all 4x4 clubs (such as MJR). They do a great deal of work fighting land use issues, helping maintain trails, keep trails open and educate the public and off road users. I strongly urge you to join them. It is only $50 per year.

In fact, join CORVA and BRC as well.

-Brian
      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I have not seen any of those groups at any of the meetings fighting for the Mojave Desert. Apple Valley. Lucerne Valley, Yucca Valley. Kinda sounds like the NRA, they are relly good at asking for $$ but don't really get anything accomplished. That's what it looks like from here anyway. Please prove me wrong.
        MJR moderator
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger,

Three Cal4 board members were at the Fry Mountain meeting in Lucerne, all are opposed to the project. Two Cal4 board members were at the Green Path meeting in Yucca Valley, both are opposed to the project. The Partnership for Johnson Valley has among it's membership many Cal4 Wheel members.

So far none of us have asked for any money, we're fighting for what we believe is right, and we are doing it out of our own pockets.

If you doubt our sincerity please speak to Chuck Bell or Betty Munson, I believe that they will vouch for us.

Helen & Harry Baker

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          I have not seen any of those groups at any of the meetings fighting for the Mojave Desert. Apple Valley. Lucerne Valley, Yucca Valley. Kinda sounds like the NRA, they are relly good at asking for $$ but don't really get anything accomplished. That's what it looks like from here anyway. Please prove me wrong.

Comment

My Apologies

Originally posted by bakerhab View Post
            Roger,

Three Cal4 board members were at the Fry Mountain meeting in Lucerne, all are opposed to the project. Two Cal4 board members were at the Green Path meeting in Yucca Valley, both are opposed to the project. The Partnership for Johnson Valley has among it's membership many Cal4 Wheel members.

So far none of us have asked for any money, we're fighting for what we believe is right, and we are doing it out of our own pockets.

If you doubt our sincerity please speak to Chuck Bell or Betty Munson, I believe that they will vouch for us.

Helen & Harry Baker

Thanks for this, I was wrong and I apologize.
            MJR moderator
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
            X