Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Valley Article

I just bought the September 2008 issue of "Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road" magazine and found a short 2 page article on the upcoming land grab by the marines. The article is listed under "Features" as LOSING THE HAMMER TRAILS / JOHNSON VALLEY CLOSURES. Unfortunately the shown map is only a small part of what could taken from us. A realistic map would not just show the Hammers area, but could go all the way to Camp Rock Road. Thus losing over a hundred miles of trails, roads, access to a dozen historic mine areas, legal shooting areas, and camping sites.

The magazine does express the concern for losing land that is designated OHV and pubic. Buy a copy and read if you can.

Mitch

I saw that in there. it was one of the first things that caught my eye. that issue was a really great issue all around. one of the best i've seen in a while.
    Rugged Rocks Off Road Nissan 4x4 stuff

Comment

I thought the article was very short, for something so important. If you look into the magazine further, you will see a picture of my box trailer hooked to the back of my Cruiser. Doing my part to help clean the desert. Kevin.

Comment

Working...
      X