Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partnership for JV - July 7 Press Release

Sarah will be posting the press release I received regarding the July 2nd meeting of the Partnership for Johnson Valley in Glendale (I am not good at that sort of thing).

The press release does not have a lot of detail of what occured, but does give you an overview and some insights. I will be happy to try and answer any specific questions. I will tell you that one thing we discussed was the goal of PFJV, and I believe that everyone agreed that we should "not lose a single grain of sand for open recreation in JV."

We also discussed the many threats, and the 29 Palms expansion in detail. Along with some short-term and long-term strategies to keep JV open. I should have more info to share very shortly.

-Brian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sarah; 07-07-08, 02:53 PM.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Partnership for JV - July 7 Press Release

Brian & all,

I forwarded the press release to the editor of the Lucerne Valley Newspaper.

I pretty sure though that from my college dayz that press releases are to be double spaced. Maybe I waz spaced...

:dunno:
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Well that didn't really say anything that we didn't already know.

Comment

A bit in the way of an update

Yup, the press release was pretty bland. Here are some details that I know about....Dustin is currently working on gathering more information regarding usage levels of JV to help update the PFJV slide show that the Marine Corp has seen. Dave, Patrick and I have been tasked with gathering information from the BLM with respect to plans, impact, alternatives, etc. The Baker's are working to gather information and support from other users of JV to further broaden our network of supporters and friends, as well as make in roads with the local community that is directly impacted by changes at JV. John Stewart is a land use guru, and is investigating long-term options that may be applicable to save JV as an open use area for recreation.

The PFJV group that met on July 2nd is planning a July 9 meeting to assimilate as much new info as possible prior to the focus group meeting with the Marine Corp which Dustin mentioned in his post on Pirate (and that I copied on the MJR board).

Comment

Double Spayzed

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Brian & all,

I pretty sure though that from my college dayz that press releases are to be double spaced. Maybe I waz spaced...

:dunno:
          Roger-

PM me with your email address and I will send you a doubled-spaced version of the press release.

-B

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
            Roger-

PM me with your email address and I will send you a doubled-spaced version of the press release.

-B
            too late! I've already sent it. I'll send you my email for future stuff...
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
            X