Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partnership For Johnson Valley Chairman to Speak at FOGR Meeting

Harry Baker Chairman and Mark Howlett Executive Director of the Partnership For Johnson Valley will speak at the Friends of Giant Rock meeting on Friday June 20, at 7:00pm. The meeting is at the Pomona First Federal Bank & Trust, in Yucca Valley southwest corner of Highways 62 and 247

Attendees will be briefed on the proposed Twentynine Palms Marine Base expansion into Johnson Valley. The Baker and Howlett will outline the timeline of events leading up to the present, and make a power point presentation, that the Partnership developed, at the request of the Marines, to show the multiple uses in Johnson Valley.

Harry,

Did you get my email regarding the proposed wind turbine power project in the West Fry Mountains - right smack dab in the middle of JV? I never received a reply from you.

There will be public meetings in Lucerne Valley & Barstow on:

June 30, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m at Lucerne Valley Elementary School ,10788 Barstow Road, Lucerne Valley, CA

July 1, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at City of Barstow Council Chambers, 220 East Mountain View, Barstow, CA

I highly recommend that you and/or a few reps from your organiziation attend. Consider this a skirmish leading to the big battle.

I know it's a long way and probably tough to get there during the work week. It's so important that I'm taking some leave time from work to go.

Antother fringe battle coming up is the LADWP transmission lines coming through the area. I don't know yet if they'll be cutting through JV OHV area.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      Harry,

Did you get my email regarding the proposed wind turbine power project in the West Fry Mountains - right smack dab in the middle of JV? I never received a reply from you.

There will be public meetings in Lucerne Valley & Barstow on:

June 30, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m at Lucerne Valley Elementary School ,10788 Barstow Road, Lucerne Valley, CA

July 1, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at City of Barstow Council Chambers, 220 East Mountain View, Barstow, CA

I highly recommend that you and/or a few reps from your organiziation attend. Consider this a skirmish leading to the big battle.

I know it's a long way and probably tough to get there during the work week. It's so important that I'm taking some leave time from work to go.

Antother fringe battle coming up is the LADWP transmission lines coming through the area. I don't know yet if they'll be cutting through JV OHV area.
      Roger,

As of now we'll have Baker, Waldheim & Howlett at the meeting on 6/30. We distributed information on the Fry Mountains Meetings at the PFJV meeting last Monday as well.

Will you be at the FOGR Meeting tomorrow night? Saturday morning Howlett & I will be at the JVIA Community Center for their weekly breakfast, then I'll be at the FOGR Fun Day the rest of Saturday, June 21. Hope to see some other folks out there supporting this great community organization.

Keep me posted on the LADWP issue.

Thanks, Harry

Comment

Originally posted by bakerhab View Post
        Roger,

As of now we'll have Baker, Waldheim & Howlett at the meeting on 6/30. We distributed information on the Fry Mountains Meetings at the PFJV meeting last Monday as well.

Will you be at the FOGR Meeting tomorrow night? Saturday morning Howlett & I will be at the JVIA Community Center for their weekly breakfast, then I'll be at the FOGR Fun Day the rest of Saturday, June 21. Hope to see some other folks out there supporting this great community organization.

Keep me posted on the LADWP issue.

Thanks, Harry
        Baker, Waldheim & Howlett sounds like a law firm! Geeze, it would be nice if we had some lawyers on MJR to help us with this battle!

I assume FOGR is an acronym for "Friends of Giant Rock"? No I won't be able to make those meetings.

I will keep you up to date on LADWD's plan to screw up JV & LV like they did the Owens Valley.... Did I really say that?
        MJR moderator
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Baker, Waldheim & Howlett sounds like a law firm! Geeze, it would be nice if we had some lawyers on MJR to help us with this battle!

I assume FOGR is an acronym for "Friends of Giant Rock"? No I won't be able to make those meetings.

I will keep you up to date on LADWD's plan to screw up JV & LV like they did the Owens Valley.... Did I really say that?
          Sorry, using last names is a habit. That would be Harry, Ed & Mark.

Correct on the acronym. FOGR is a community based organization, so tonight will be a good opporunity to talk to business folks & homeowners.

10-4 on the Owens Valley comparison.

Harry

Comment

Hi Harry and Roger
            My name is Patrick Cooley.
            I am a New_B to this site. Harry and I met at the meeting last Monday. It is my entintion to be as involved as possible.
            Roger I have been following your thread on Calico. I ran it last weekend had a great time and found it to be as the Ghost Town people had told me.
            I did Call Mitzfelt's office spoke with Jessie Flores and Tom Potter.
            I want to thank you both for all the work you have done to keep our trails open. there is much work ahead so I am here for any help I can give.:thumbs_up

Comment

Originally posted by Coolroad5 View Post
              Hi Harry and Roger
              My name is Patrick Cooley.
              I am a New_B to this site. Harry and I met at the meeting last Monday. It is my entintion to be as involved as possible.
              Roger I have been following your thread on Calico. I ran it last weekend had a great time and found it to be as the Ghost Town people had told me.
              I did Call Mitzfelt's office spoke with Jessie Flores and Tom Potter.
              I want to thank you both for all the work you have done to keep our trails open. there is much work ahead so I am here for any help I can give.:thumbs_up
              Thanks Pat,

But the real thanks goes way farther than humble me. There's Desert Jewell, Tam, Sarah, Max7, and a dozen other memnbers I can't think of at the moment. These folks have done more than I have.

But hey, I think I can speak for a lot of us, thanks for joining and jumping into the battle. There are many fronts and it takes a lot of hard work to stay on top of them all! :thumbs_up
              MJR moderator
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
              X