Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch your step!

For those of you that aren't on the AAT Yahoo group:

Lake Arrowhead, CA — The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department now says the 3-year-old girl bitten by a rattlesnake Monday afternoon was sitting on her front porch in the 1500 block of Sequoia Drive when the incident occurred.

The media advisory explained a 9-inch Southern Pacific Rattlesnake bit the youngster's left foot. Another juvenile on scene was able to locate the snake and placed it in a container for examination.

Entrance to Mountains Community Hospital (Photo by Michael P. Neufeld.)

The victim was transported to Mountains Community Hospital and airlifted to Loma Linda for specialized treatment.

The press release reported the juvenile was in stable condition and showing signs of improvement with the use of anti-venom.

Citizens in the area are reminded that warmer weather and the recent fires have caused an increase in local sightings and contacts with wildlife.

The Sheriff's Department urges caution when engaged in outdoor activities and extra diligence in monitoring children and pets.

Original Story — Monday 5:55 p.m.

Lake Arrowhead, CA – Shortly after 4 p.m. Monday, a rattlesnake bit a 3-year-old girl inside the child's residence on Sequoia Lane in Lake Arrowhead. The child was airlifted to Loma Linda University Medical Center for treatment.

The youngster's mother accompanied the bite victim in the helicopter. Other family members drove to Loma Linda following the 4:07 p.m. incident.

Initial reports indicate the snake got into the house and bit the toddler who was taken to the landing zone for transport. Because of the proximity to Mountains Community Hospital, the helipad at that facility was most likely utilized by the air ambulance.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

These 2 pictures were taken in Antelope Valley on Memorial weekend.

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I hate snakes............
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY

Comment

If you have dogs that you take with you on the trail you may want to consider running your dog through a snake avoidance class

http://www.scvqu.com/Snake%20Avoidance%20Clinics.htm

http://www.quriverside.com/2008%20Snake%20avoidance.doc

Comment

Holy cow that's a lot of snakes!!! Did you take it? It seems odd for so many large snakes to be in one spot. Wow!!!
          '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Ok, I'm never leaving the house again, LOL!! (jk of course)
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

B-52's.....Arc-Light missions...here little snakeys!
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

What I want to know is, who was the fool that took the picture??? I wouldn't have taken it with a telephoto lens.
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by GrimJeeper91 View Post
                  Did you take it?
                  I did not take the picture. I got them off our geocaching forum.
                  Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Leave my freinds alone...

That, my fellow Jeepers is a wintering den. In Big Spring Texas every year they hold a rattle snake round up. That's where I learned my love of snakes, especially the rattler. I've stood among piles of rattlers just like and bigger. When they congregate for the winter, to stay warm and conserve energy, there can be litterally hundreds in a den like that. I wish I knew where that was at, I wanna go play! When they first come out of the winter hybernation they are a docile as pussy cats. Here, snakey snakey...
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Rat, I'll try to miss you as I nuke from orbit.
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY

Comment

It's a little hard to tell in those pictures,but I could swear I see a Western, a Pacific AND a Mojave... Wierd. I didn't know that they winter together.
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Dang I hope I only see pic,s of them one at a time is enough for me LOL..Go get em Kurt!
                          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

thats some good scatter gun playing right there. j/k I like snakes. Just have no need in picking one up.
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

A recent article about rattlesnake toxicity increasing

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/1655...subid=10101561

Comment

Working...
                              X