Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

I'd like to thank the forum operator that emailed me about the virtual rally. I don't get on the forums too often but I was able to register and make my post over at Pirate.

Here's to hoping it makes a difference!

Nathan

Comment

Man there is a fantastic turn out over at Pirate! Come on everyone,, get over there and post up a good JV story. Or any story about wheeling in the area.

Thanks,
      Kurt
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Alas, I don't have any good JV stories...but I did make my opinion heard.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showp...postcount=1221

I NEED TO SAY THIS: Gang, I recall that the rally is supposed to be positive, share your good times at the rally and all that. However I see some posts getting a little off skew.

I really don't think its appropriate that 'former military' persons are saying that they know FOR A FACT that the base doesn't need to expand. Unless you're here training NOW, AND you're familiar with the constant problems of encroachment on other people's training, you don't KNOW jack. It is their opinion only, based on what they percieve to be facts from ten years ago or more.

All I'm saying is, state your opinons as opinions and your experiences as experiences...do not try to pass what you percieve as FACTS.
        Last edited by USMC 0369; 03-12-08, 05:26 PM.
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Did my part earlier today They have a late-comer thread going on for those who couldn't post in the original.

Edit: Here is the thread http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666219
          Last edited by Lawrence; 03-12-08, 07:42 PM.
          [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

For everyone who posted and pitched in to help keep our beloved JV open, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

It means a lot and I hope it makes the difference we need it to, when the Marine Corps considers which direction to expand.

I was also very impressed with the honesty and quality of everyone's posts in the thread.
            I am Savvy.

Comment

For those of you that couldnt make it PLEASE keep it going here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666219

Thank you
              Its no fun without family

Comment

post #300! I was at school during the rally but typed up a paper and several pictures and emailed it to Kurt (not RatPatrol) that was taking leadership in the rally and he posted it for me. Awesome! something like 1,500 posts that were averaging a paragraph long! Outstanding! 35,000 people viewed that thread in 4hrs! I also noticed how many new members there were just to post up for the rally. I think it was very successful. I also would like to thank everyone for helping out.
                [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Looks like a great turn out yesterday. I saw a lot of positive posts put up; I think we got our voice heard pretty loud and pretty clear. Let's hope the powers that be are listening.
                  Thanks to everyone that posted.
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Perhaps I misunderstood, but according to the maps I posted, "the Hammers," with the exception of Claw Hammer are safe. I know we 4x4'ers can tend to call everything the Hammers, but why is everyone being so specific? I don't want them to close ANY trails out there. If our legislators/whoever read the comments and think we just want to save the Hammers, I'm not sure that's the right idea. Am I missing something?

http://www.urfracing.com/images/maps...Additional.jpg
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                      Perhaps I misunderstood, but according to the maps I posted, "the Hammers," with the exception of Claw Hammer are safe. I know we 4x4'ers can tend to call everything the Hammers, but why is everyone being so specific? I don't want them to close ANY trails out there. If our legislators/whoever read the comments and think we just want to save the Hammers, I'm not sure that's the right idea. Am I missing something?

http://www.urfracing.com/images/maps...Additional.jpg
                      I had them clarify to include the Johnson Valley OHV.

I am being very specific in that I don't want them to take one square foot of an area that is public land dedicated to OHV access. We are blessed with only a few rules or restrictions as to where and how we can use the area.

If we allow any encroachment, that is just one more battle we've lost in keeping our rightful access open.

If the base were bordered on 3 sides by water or housing developments, I'd perhaps have a different perspective, but it's not, so I don't.

I guess the best perspective to view it from is your neighbor trying to annex half of your backyard because he thinks he needs it more than you do.

Also, after he does get a fence up, our wonderful Senator Feinstein declares a non entry Wilderness designation buffer zone that now includes your living quarters.

That movement is on the books right now as another land grab to further her Wilderness agenda. She's using patriotism and anti-terror sentiments to build so-called buffer zones around military bases and calling them Wilderness to keep us out.

So even if you are willing to give up a small portion to one cause, the next step will be total non entry Wilderness.

Where do we want to draw the line in the sand?
                      I am Savvy.

Comment

I agree with you that "Johnson Valley OHV area" should have been the term used to reference the area. However I think many people from across the country only seem to know the area as "The Hammers".
                        84 CJ7, SOA,258 Howell TBI, T5, Dana 300/4:1,4.10s Dana 30 and ARB front, AMC20 Superior axles and ARB rear,35" MTR's

Comment

Thanks, Blaine. I agree. I guess that's why I was a little shocked to read all of the "save the hammers" comments on Pirate. I am very happy to see the number of comments over there though - I hope they will make it onto the desks of the people that matter!
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I think we also have to consider the forum in which the rally was held. I'm sure that if we were on a quad racing forum the discussion would have been all about the dunes and flat lakebed.

We're a bunch of rockhounds, flat land doesn't excite many of us.

What I think can be assumed from the general discussion being mostly about the Hammer trails is that the effort to get other groups (quads, motorcycles, general outdoor enthusiasts) to come to the rally was not overwhelmingly successful. I was quite impressed with the number of views the thread received in such a short time, but the ratio of views to posts was pretty low. Even if the same people visited the thread to read it a couple times...

I still view the rally as a success, the first time thousands of 4x4 users came together in one place at one time onlilne.
                            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                            X