Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show me a single post where anyone from MJR disregards the law?
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      Did I mention something that was not true?
      I wouldn't classify it as untrue, but it's certainly not meant to endear allies or garner more support for our needs and desires.
      I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
        Show me a single post where anyone from MJR disregards the law?
        I've already addressed that sentiment.
        I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
          I've already addressed that sentiment.
          Pretty much the same way Mr. Klasky did.

1/3 of his statement was blatantly untrue and you back Mr. Klasky's point of view instead of your fellow OHV enthusiasts from MJR?
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Pretty much the same way Mr. Klasky did.

1/3 of his statement was blatantly untrue and you back Mr. Klasky's point of view instead of your fellow OHV enthusiasts from MJR?
            Now you're the pot calling the kettle. If you read what I've been saying, the mere fact that you disagree with the whole premise of COW and PEER, you are condoning outlaw behavior.
            I am Savvy.

Comment

Now you're the pot calling the kettle. If you read what I've been saying, the mere fact that you disagree with the whole premise of COW and PEER, you are condoning outlaw behavior.
              I can choose to disagree with some of COW's and PEER's statements and ALL OHV outlaw behavior. So can you.

Comment

I can choose to disagree with some of COW's and PEER's statements and ALL OHV outlaw behavior. So can you.
                I think that's a good distinction to be made and exactly the one I addressed when I made my phone call to one of the members of the steering committee.

I expressed my disappointment that not enough differences were immediately noticeable on their site between the responsible offroaders and the outlaws.

I was told that would be looked into and options explored to make the distinction more clear.
                I am Savvy.

Comment

I think that's a good distinction to be made and exactly the one I addressed when I made my phone call to one of the members of the steering committee.

I expressed my disappointment that not enough differences were immediately noticeable on their site between the responsible offroaders and the outlaws.

I was told that would be looked into and options explored to make the distinction more clear.
                  Wow, my point finally comes clear.

Blaine,
                  I do see what you mean. And I also see that we (off roaders) seem to be as divided on these issues as we can be. And therein lies the problem; we don't have a unified voice, or a clear purpose that we are all working toward, or so it seems. So how do we bring ourselves together as one organization? Do we start another organization? I really thought the money I was sending to so many different pro off road organizations was being used for just this purpose. Ther has to be an answer there somewhere.
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                    Wow, my point finally comes clear.
                    The point to me was clear instantly, but it also seemed that the baby got thrown out with the bath water.

Folks with the exact same interests as ours were grouped in with the enemy over some semantics issues that we in turn fell victim to in judging them. A vicious cycle than needs to be broken somewhere.

I'm willing to open my mind and include others into our battles as allies. Anyone else willing to as well?
                    I am Savvy.

Comment

Can I come back in now? I left when we started misunderstanding each other.
                      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I'm willing to open my mind and include others into our battles as allies. Anyone else willing to as well?
                        Yes. I am.
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I've gone back to PEER many times and am still looking for something to disagree with.

Is there something in particular that I missed somehow?

I read the minutes from one meeting and they sounded a tad upset over the collection of a barrel cactus in the bed of a pick-up owned by horse riders. It was collected in a National Monument.

They were also upset over TP and human feces in inappropriate places and that's one thing that lead to the closure of a camping area up on the Rubicon.

They are also bothered a bit over some Boy Scouts.

Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to find out what in particular about PEER has you bothered.
                          I am Savvy.

Comment

Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to find out what in particular about PEER has you bothered.
                            You are absolutely trying to be argumentative.

http://www.peer.org/campaigns/publiclands/orv/index.php

Originally posted by PEER
                            Off-Road “Wreckreation” Plagues Public Lands
                            Off-road vehicle abuse is a growing problem on our public lands, especially in the West. On any given day, there are reckless riders tearing up fragile lands and creating chaos.

Reckless off-roading is creating a backlash among many public lands users, including those who enjoy viewing wildlife, conducting archaeological research, hiking, camping and hunting. Besides causing extensive damage to natural and cultural resources, off-road vehicles are becoming an increasingly severe public safety and law enforcement problem, and taxpayers will be stuck with the bill to clean up their mess.

PEER and Rangers for Responsible Recreation are campaigning to draw attention to the growing threat posed by off-road vehicle misuse and to assist overmatched state and federal land managers.
                            Typical one sided view of off road enthusiasts.

Originally posted by "PEER
                            Off-Road “Wreckreation” Plagues Public Lands
                            Big Bold letters in their headline Off-Road "Wreckreation". This is what bothers me about PEER and COW and other similar groups. By agreeing with COW and PEER, you are condoning name calling and disrespectful behavior.

I am bothered by hypocritical OHV enthusiasts who hold responsible MJR OHV enthusiasts to one standard and COW and PEER groups to another.

I am extremely bothered by hypocritical OHV enthusiasts who hijack wheeling threads to jump on their soap box and condemn responsible MJR OHV enthusiasts for their perceived lack of action concerning OHV land use.

Perhaps if said hypocritical OHV enthusiasts would show more appreciation for the hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars MJR members contribute every year to OHV land use issues and much less criticism then maybe the vicious cycle of the off road community tearing itself apart might possibly be broken.

Comment

Working...
                            X