• Show
Clear All

• No more Physical Geocaches in Anza-Borrego State Park

By order of the:

Superintendent

Anza-Borrego Desert State Park

Colorado Desert District

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

Numerous geocaches have been placed within the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park without authorization. No consideration was given to resource sensitivity in the placement of any of these geocaches, and many have been discovered in very sensitive locales. Caches have been removed from archeological sites, paleontological areas, bighorn sheep watering sites and in sensitive caves.

All physical geocaches placed within Anza-Borrego Desert State Park must be removed. If the cache owner does not take responsibility for removing his/her own cache, it will be removed for them and it will not be returned.

As of this date, December 21, 2007, placement of new physical caches will be prohibited in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. Virtual Earth Caches will be considered on a case by case basis and must be approved before being published on the Geocaching.com website.

Contact information for Earth cache approval:

Mark C. Jorgensen

Superintendent

Anza-Borrego Desert State Park

200 Palm Canyon Drive

Borrego Springs, CA 92004
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

That's sucks. Pretty soon you won't be able to drive in Anza Borrego.
    Check out .

Comment

Thats coming.....they'll just fence it all off and have the border patrol guard it. Then we dont need need State park officials no more...or better yet just ban all off roading everywhere, then take the all cars away we'll all use public transportation... ok call me frustrated....seems like most everything down south here is closed or is in process of getting closed.
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

:hijack:

I think the gloomy weather is getting people down, all the threads are gloomy, looks like Good Jeepin' this weekend though!
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
        X