Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Tolerance Border Patrol

If you ride close to the border as I do, be careful that you dont cross the border. The border patrol has a zero tolerance to accidental crossings in affect Jan 2008. This will probably affect more the sand wheelers in the dune areas along the border.
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

Just what does the BP do to you for that?
    Respectfully,
    LG
    Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

they pull you over, ask for yer passport, and if you don't have one, deport you to yer country of origin...

then they paint yer jeep white with a green stripe and slap a lightbar on the darn thing...

I really don't know... do they have zero tolerance for these friggin' dudes jumpin' the border from other !!!!ries? :dunno:

I doubt they are catchin' anyone border hoppin' in the ol' YJ...
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

This story came from Gordon's Well over the weekend.

(AP) A U.S. Border Patrol agent killed after being struck by a fleeing vehicle along the border in southeastern California was identified Sunday as a 32-year-old husband and father of two.

Senior Patrol Agent Luis Aguilar was trying to stop a suspected smuggler who had illegally entered the country from Mexico when he was hit, according to Agent Michael Bernacke, a spokesman for the agency's Yuma sector.

The incident happened in the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area about 20 miles west of Yuma at about 9 a.m. Saturday.

Bernacke said Aguilar was trying to place spike strips in the path of a Hummer and a Ford pickup truck on Interstate 8 when the suspected smuggler's vehicle hit and killed him.

Both vehicles fled into Mexico.
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I feel so bad for that BPs family
          RIP,
          LG
          Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

ok, now I feel like an a$$... thanx Fish...
            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I do feel bad for the agent & family. One of the bigger problems facing the border patrol is the necessity to patrol alone out there. All of the stations I've ever worked with are severely undermanned.

So what your saying is to carry a passport with you if wheeling anywhere near the border where you might accidentally cross over. That just sounds smart anyway. You'll probably get a citation for illegal crossing (not at a point of embarkation), but at least you can go home I'd assume.
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

They will take your vehicle and you will have a court appearance once you get out of jail.. Now they may just shoot you first and then ask questions.

Dont mess with them or the border laws...dont know them? best find out !

Dont cross the border unless you do it legally
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

Mexcan police caught the guy in the hummy. looks like hes also wanted for a bunch of other stuff.
                  97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                  WEB site

Comment

Wheeling in the Otay mesa area It becomes obvious that the Border Patrol has a little problem with recreational wheelers. I do not know why but a number of guys I know, and myself have been stopped and told we were on closed trails and such that was not true when wheeling next to the border.
                    I think they are just wanting to keep their jobs easier as if we were not there, they would not need to check us out.
                    Anyway, anytime you are down there, it is always good to have all paperwork up to date and make sure you know exactly where you are. They may not be able to run you off open trails like they like to, but the zero tolerance policy about crossings can end you up in a legal standoff that will end up costing money. In the end you may win, but at what cost?
                    I think Britians warning is sage advice as the lines drawn since 9-11 of legal boundaries of the homeland security department seem to be assumed and that is a problem at times. Being really undermanned, they are a very harried department.
                    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Vern knows more about this than anyone, given his local. I am working in Yuma these days and had a talk with an Army Lt. who is part of the National Guard patroling the border in support of the Border Patrol. There is strange goings on all along the border. The National Guard has succeeded in slowing down the drug trafficking and drug runners are getting desparate and creative. Looking at the situation from their eyes gave me new prespective. FYI, they now have 'eyes' all along the border, even in the remotest of parts.
                      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                      (Charles Wells)

Comment

How is it that they are giving you guys trouble, when two years ago, the three N. American nations, US, Canada, and Mexico met and agreed to make this one entity? Did you know the money system is supposed to change soon, to what they are calling the Amero?

Hundreds of illegals are crossing all the time, yet you or I will get hassled.....Hey I understand, the BP is just doing what they are told is the right thing to do, and if I were to wheel down there, you're damn right I will bring paperwork.
                        But it sure is frustrating to here all this(or read)...

Can't wait to go play in the mud tomorrow in the Gulch...hopefully that will ease my sour mind.....
                        David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                        I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by highway420 View Post
                          How is it that they are giving you guys trouble, when two years ago, the three N. American nations, US, Canada, and Mexico met and agreed to make this one entity? Did you know the money system is supposed to change soon, to what they are calling the Amero?

Hundreds of illegals are crossing all the time, yet you or I will get hassled.....Hey I understand, the BP is just doing what they are told is the right thing to do, and if I were to wheel down there, you're damn right I will bring paperwork.
                          But it sure is frustrating to here all this(or read)...

Can't wait to go play in the mud tomorrow in the Gulch...hopefully that will ease my sour mind.....
                          I was going to post the same thing ....
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by highway420 View Post
                            ...are calling the Amero?....
                            I could swear that was the name of a subcompact piece of trash I saw on the road the other day.

Can't they at least come up with a better name?

Canape -- Canadian American Peso

Narc -- North American Regional Currency (I like that one)..."That'll be three Narcs, please."

MAC dollars -- Mexican-American-Canadian dollars

-- Joe
                            '05 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
                            off-road trailer

Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.

Comment

Funny,
                              The guys running the border are bad hanchos. Drug runners or human smugglers...all bad. In the summer time out here those immigrants die by the van full.
                              There just looking for a better life their bad.

North American Free trade agreement has nothing to do with illegal activity or unity. Those drugs are going into your neighborhood. Not so funny for the BD who lost his life trying to prevent that and certainly not for his family.
                              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                              WEB site

Comment

Working...
                              X