Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a registration fee if not eating the lunch? If not, Do you still get a shirt? Trying to coordinate this w/ my club and looking for answers to give to my club. Thanks.
    no fee, you clean up they feed you what a day !!
    I hope i get to pound in more signs with Rick that was a fun day !!
    moon buggy
    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
      no fee
      Last year there was no fee, but this year there is:
      http://www.calicocleanup.com/info/

Originally posted by http://www.calicocleanup.com/info/
      A $20 registration fee helps offset event costs, including meals and t-shirts.
      Also, according to that "info" page I'd guess that the $20 gets you shirt and lunch, no skipping lunch for $20.
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

OK signed up... now i just have to arrange time off from work.

Comment

hmm...While I don't have a problem paying to help clean up and get a shirt And lunch, I was hoping to tell those driving from a long distance that they could brown bag it, show up and participate w/out having to come up w/ another $20 to pay just to help clean up the area. Surprised sponsors are not helping pick up the tab? It would be tough to bring a family of four to a clean up where it costs $20 per person to attend.

See what I'm saying?

Comment

well, appreciate the comments and welcome suggestions but...

Here's the dealio on what we are dealing with. We are actively seeking a major sponsor to absorb these expenses. T-Shirts alone are $4000 and the meal from Peggy Sues is $11 per head; times that by a few hundred and it's a large chunk of change. Eitherway, kids will eat for free.

Realisitcally, it will be approximately $12 per head which will include a meal ticket, shirt, and (3) raffle tickets. There will be a voluntary contribution for the poker run of $10. I, like anyone else don't think a fee should be imposed, but it's warranted upon request from the majority of folks wanting an event shirt and feeding. If folks wanna brown bag it, it's totally cool. Our goal is to donate our time and energy to the Calico Mountains and benefit Discovery Trails. The committee is open to suggestions and ideas as long as their productive.

P.S. If anyone has a major sponsor in mind or has a connection...
            I'll have a cold beer waiting for you at camp.

Mark
            Last edited by FJ Crawlin'; 12-27-07, 04:32 PM.
            "run forest, run!"

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Crawlin' View Post
              well, appreciate the comments and welcome suggestions but...

Here's the dealio on what we are dealing with. We are actively seeking a major sponsor to absorb these expenses. T-Shirts alone are $4000 and the meal from Peggy Sues is $11 per head; times that by a few hundred and it's a large chunk of change. Eitherway, kids will eat for free.

Realisitcally, it will be approximately $12 per head which will include a meal ticket, shirt, and (3) raffle tickets. There will be a voluntary contribution for the poker run of $10. I, like anyone else don't think a fee should be imposed, but it's warranted upon request from the majority of folks wanting an event shirt and feeding. If folks wanna brown bag it, it's totally cool. Our goal is to donate our time and energy to the Calico Mountains and benefit Discovery Trails. The committee is open to suggestions and ideas as long as their productive.

P.S. If anyone has a major sponsor in mind or has a connection...
              I'll have a cold beer waiting for you at camp.

Mark
              Mark,
              I have asked the CEO of my company to sponsor us and asked for a cash donation. I'll PM you with details if he accepts.

Kurt
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks, Kurt!

Alot of folks from other boards have brought up concerns and issues and only a handfull of these folks have offered solutions with their concerns. I think folks forget that the committee is made up of strictly volunteers. We're not livin' high on the hog or running fortune 500 organizations (atleast me, anyway). We're merely 4wd gyru's trying to do the right thing collectively with other wheelers.

This is the type of attitude and community support we need. By the way, MJR has the most participants listed this year through roll-call.

Kurt, even if your ceo rejects your request (and it's well done) I sincerely appreciate the MJR spirit and mere initiative.

If possible, can someone send an email to the adopt-a-trail clubs/folks to remind them of the event?

Again, Thanks for the on going support!

Mark

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                Mark,
                I have asked the CEO of my company to sponsor us and asked for a cash donation. I'll PM you with details if he accepts.

Kurt
                "run forest, run!"

Comment

keep it up mark i think you guys are doin a hell of a job!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Mark...we have this listed on the VV4W website. I also sent out a couple emails asking for financial sponsors. I'll mention it in our club meeting on the 8th, too. I'll let you know what I come up with

Comment

Like I said, I am not against paying for myself I just wanted to have answers to the inevitable questions I was going to get. I am sure plenty would volunteer their time but the site reads as if you have to pay to volunteer. It doesn't say you can show up and lend a hand for free if you don't care about the lunch, shirt, etc.

Money is tight and if I was bringing my 14 and 16 yr olds I would be spending $60 (unless they are classified as "kids") to help out and that is out of my budget when it will also take me two tanks to get there and back. I wish I had a big enough business to cover some of the event costs but I don't.

I will however put the word out about this event and I am making it one of my clubs official events for the month of Feb. I am just letting them know that the cost is optional but to please show up and help out.

Has anyone contacted any of the magazines for both coverage and sponsorship? I know they get a lot of sponsorship and exposure for the JV cleanup from the magazines. That is what events like this really need is that kind of exposure then the vendors will jump on board to help out for sure.

Thanks, John

Comment

Thanks, John. I think we need to add that folks can participate for free on the website. We certainly don't want to turn away anyone wishing to help our cause.

We have contacted several media sources and are hopeful that we will have great coverage.

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                        Like I said, I am not against paying for myself I just wanted to have answers to the inevitable questions I was going to get. I am sure plenty would volunteer their time but the site reads as if you have to pay to volunteer. It doesn't say you can show up and lend a hand for free if you don't care about the lunch, shirt, etc.

Money is tight and if I was bringing my 14 and 16 yr olds I would be spending $60 (unless they are classified as "kids") to help out and that is out of my budget when it will also take me two tanks to get there and back. I wish I had a big enough business to cover some of the event costs but I don't.

I will however put the word out about this event and I am making it one of my clubs official events for the month of Feb. I am just letting them know that the cost is optional but to please show up and help out.

Has anyone contacted any of the magazines for both coverage and sponsorship? I know they get a lot of sponsorship and exposure for the JV cleanup from the magazines. That is what events like this really need is that kind of exposure then the vendors will jump on board to help out for sure.

Thanks, John
                        "run forest, run!"

Comment

Thank you, Miss!

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                          Hey Mark...we have this listed on the VV4W website. I also sent out a couple emails asking for financial sponsors. I'll mention it in our club meeting on the 8th, too. I'll let you know what I come up with
                          "run forest, run!"

Comment

My only question is, how are you organizing this to give the participants a good, fun weekend for their time, and now some money from them?

Have you seen Del Albright RICS for organizing volunteers?
                            If you need contact info for Del, let me know. He or I can can help you.

I am not able to attend this event, as I all ready have other plans for this weekend. It is a cal 4 thing, or FOTR meeting I think.

Todd
                            Navy-Jeepster
                            Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                            Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

well, we're organizing this to not only benefit by cleaning up the area but assist in funding Discovery Trails which helps BLM by maintaining the area year round. There will be more regarding the fees on our website in the coming week. Believe me when I say it's a difficult decision to charge for such an event.

Del is very familiar with our event and yes, RICS is the best tool available to coordinate volunteers and organzize an event. He wrote a very cool article for us after last year to BRC.

Originally posted by Navy-Jeepster View Post
                              My only question is, how are you organizing this to give the participants a good, fun weekend for their time, and now some money from them?

Have you seen Del Albright RICS for organizing volunteers?
                              If you need contact info for Del, let me know. He or I can can help you.

I am not able to attend this event, as I all ready have other plans for this weekend. It is a cal 4 thing, or FOTR meeting I think.

Todd
                              Navy-Jeepster
                              "run forest, run!"

Comment

this looks like a ton of people. is there an itinerary for this
                                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                                X